Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to see TOD with GPU (now PlusPoints) already applied?

Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold

I cannot find an existing thread highlighting this process. If it exists, Mods, please merge.

How do I see the paid upgrade (TOD) price for a segment that I have an upgrade already waitlisted for?

I believe you could previously try select a new seat in the desired cabin, to work around already having an instrument applied, and it would show you the market price. I tried on both the app and desktop today and it is just kicking me to the "Upgrade Cabin" list, at which point, it shows that I already have an Upgrade Requested and not offering a paid upgrade.

Thanks-
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Any suggestions from the collective?

I tried to "change my flight" online, to select Business - but it wouldn't provide an offer (J4/C4/D4 available).

Outside of pulling my +Ps/GPU, I don't understand why United is unwilling to show me a price. United and I both know that my chances of clearing are slim, even as a 1K on an "A" fare in PP since I'm traveling at peak times.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
Call in and ask is what I've heard.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Read somewhere that you can click a seat up front in the change seat screen to see prices.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.