FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Skip the waitlist (STW) questions. (New Promo thru 31 July 2023?) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1998166-skip-waitlist-stw-questions-new-promo-thru-31-july-2023-a.html)

ericericeric Dec 4, 2019 1:27 am

Skip the waitlist (STW) questions. (New Promo thru 31 July 2023?)

Anyone see any "Skip Waitlist" availability? Wondering what it looks like when searching, or if you need to do it after the fact.

narvik Dec 4, 2019 1:30 am

Originally Posted by ericericeric (Post 31803010)
Anyone see any "Skip Waitlist" availability? Wondering what it looks like when searching, or if you need to do it after the fact.

That's what I am looking for too.
Nothing yet....just "Waitlist".

I fear they are going to be extremely elusive!

djtn Dec 4, 2019 2:59 am

Skip the waitlist (STW) questions

According to an information given by a 1K call agent, skip the waitlist will be kicked off in January. Unclear yet how many additional points will be required for switching an existing upgrade request on waitlist to confirmed. Also unclear what kind of flights will be selected for the STW option and also at what point of time (TOD - 90/60/45days), agent was guessing about significant P fare class availability whatever that means (being P<9 30 days ahead good enough ?).

Juventini Dec 4, 2019 3:20 am

Guess it's time to start a master thread reporting STW occurance (Route, Date, Purchased fare, T-XXdays, Points required, and fare buckets availability at time of offer)

kittiyut Dec 4, 2019 4:21 am

Can we now start using the "skip the wait-list" option yet?

PsiFighter37 Dec 4, 2019 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Juventini (Post 31803170)
Guess it's time to start a master thread reporting STW occurance (Route, Date, Purchased fare, T-XXdays, Points required, and fare buckets availability at time of offer)

This - really interested to see what shows up for folks. I don't have any international trips on the itinerary ATM, so curious to see what shows up for people as offers - even if they do not redeem.

ETA: I just checked a domestic itinerary for kicks, and it does not appear that 'Skip The Waitlist' is an available option for domestic legs.

kac2138 Dec 4, 2019 6:42 am

Has United indicated if you'll be able to see the "skip the waitlist" price at the time of booking? I want to book a ticket to Dublin and have 320 plus points. I want to use them to confirm a seat in business and this is 7+ months out. But I'm afraid I'm going to book the ticket and then have to go through the normal process to request (which I've always done after booking) and see it costs 9 billion plus points.

myb821 Dec 4, 2019 7:06 am

Any idea how to check if I can use skip the waitlist?

CO_Nonrev_elite Dec 4, 2019 7:13 am

As said before, this is another mean spirited decision by United. 600 of my 960 points expire in January, so the logical decision would be to use them to skip the waitlists before they expire. United knows this will be an issue for a lot of people, so rather than being forced to give up a lot of guaranteed upgrades, they will not activate skip the waitlist until people’s points expire in January.

MBS MillionMiler Dec 4, 2019 7:15 am

Originally Posted by SFflyer123 (Post 31803707)
Search SIN-SFO after Jan 1. The co-pay is $1435 and 40 points!!!!

Pretty sure that's the fare, not a co-pay. :confused: I replicated Feb 11th - 19th, SFO-SIN. Fare is $1395 + 40 points, or a deep discount fare is $780 + 80 points.

I waited for this to come out to book, as I was hoping for some StW space for January...Has anyone actually found 'skip the waitlist' space? I've got NOTHING I can see. (My eyes scan for 80-point availability, and it only draws to upgrading cheaper fares like above). So it looks like booking Premium Economy and waitlisting is my only option.

I hate the new interface--as everything else on the web now, too clumsy...However, being able to search for confirmed upgrade space is nice, by clicking the "Available Only" radio button (unfortunately, every search I've done yields blanks for me).

Kacee Dec 4, 2019 7:34 am

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite (Post 31803718)
As said before, this is another mean spirited decision by United. 600 of my 960 points expire in January, so the logical decision would be to use them to skip the waitlists before they expire. United knows this will be an issue for a lot of people, so rather than being forced to give up a lot of guaranteed upgrades, they will not activate skip the waitlist until people’s points expire in January.

Yes, many members here were planning to burn their expiring PP on skip the waitlist upgrades.

This program "upgrade" is not starting well.

AugustusM Dec 4, 2019 7:36 am

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite (Post 31803718)

They expire at the end of the month, does the STW start on January 31st?

narvik Dec 4, 2019 7:49 am

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler (Post 31803728)

I waited for this to come out to book, as I was hoping for some StW space for January...Has anyone actually found 'skip the waitlist' space? I've got NOTHING I can see.

According to a previous post, StW won't be available until the new year (unconfirmed information).

In any event, some seem to think every flight will have a StW option. This won't be the case, and my guess is, they'll selectively make them available to squeeze the max. amount of PP out of us on a few desirable routes.

ryman554 Dec 4, 2019 8:30 am

Originally Posted by AugustusM (Post 31803805)
They expire at the end of the month, does the STW start on January 31st?

https://mileageplusupdates.com/milea...ordion-faq-15]

"These requests must be placed at least 30 days from departure and cannot be changed or refunded."
So you must request at least 30 days in advance. Rumour has it StW starts on Jan 1. So, you can do it for your Jan 31 flight, I guess!

AugustusM Dec 4, 2019 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ryman554 (Post 31804002)
https://mileageplusupdates.com/milea...ordion-faq-15]

"These requests must be placed at least 30 days from departure and cannot be changed or refunded."
So you must request at least 30 days in advance. Rumour has it StW starts on Jan 1. So, you can do it for your Jan 31 flight, I guess!

I guess my point was they wont evaporate on Jan1 and it gives you 31 days to apply them to any flight you have booked after Jan 31 if that rule is in effect.