Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Cyber Monday Sale: RT award flights to Europe/ Asia start at 30,000 miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Cyber Monday Sale: RT award flights to Europe/ Asia start at 30,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ward-sale.html
Taipei, Xyzzy and notquiteaff like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I'm not seeing any discounted fares in a quick search from Sfo right now.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
I'm not seeing any discounted fares in a quick search from Sfo right now.
I didn't see anything from SFO (yet) either, but lots of availability EWR-LHR at 15k OW. That's not a bad deal at all.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The pricing differentiation based on elite status and credit card membership is interesting, Sign of times to come and perhaps a reason to retain a UA card?

Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I didn't see anything from SFO (yet) either, but lots of availability EWR-LHR at 15k OW. That's not a bad deal at all.
Maybe it's not Monday on the west coast yet? There's availability from Chicago and Toronto also
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:49 am

no discount to india
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:54 am

Any idea what might happen if I book the award ticket but down the road have to change the departure date to a date outside of the range?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Meola10
Any idea what might happen if I book the award ticket but down the road have to change the departure date to a date outside of the range?
you'll pay the mileage difference.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The pricing differentiation based on elite status and credit card membership is interesting, Sign of times to come and perhaps a reason to retain a UA card?

also dumb when they don't have a Credit card in Canada.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: UA GS
I spot checked multiple US cities to multiple European destinations and could never find a fare of 30,000 miles round trip. Could only locate fares of 36,000 miles. I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Is that a non qualified credit card?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I spot checked multiple US cities to multiple European destinations and could never find a fare of 30,000 miles round trip. Could only locate fares of 36,000 miles. I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Is that a non qualified credit card?
CSR is not gonna cut the mustard....
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
UA Chase co-branded cc necessary.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
A few searches from ORD to SE Asia and Australia have yielded little to nothing....and regular saver award levels were jacked for most dates.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: UA
I took a quick look at DEN-LHR and DEN-MUC in February 2020. I did find both trips available for 30K roundtrip, although the DEN-MUC flights at this price required Mileage Plus membership and a United Chase cc. I ended up booking the DEN-LHR flights.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Interestingly when I do a search now the only UA flights that will come up are the ones offered at 18K (e.g. EWR-LON). The search also shows two 30K options but they are operated by partners. All of the non-stops (save for 1) don't appear in the search results at all because they must not be available at 18K. That's super annoying.

Also it appears you cannot use the excursionist perk with these saver fares. Every time I try to get the 'free stopover' to price it raises the miles to 60K r/t again. (Not that I expected different).
-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.