Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is United turning into American Airlines? (delays, reliability, ...)

Is United turning into American Airlines? (delays, reliability, ...)

Old Dec 2, 19, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk View Post
I must’ve flying a different air carrier. With 130,000 BIS miles and 79 segments I have had Zero missed connections and one flight delayed my more than an hour. Delta matched that with my one and only trip with them ‘this year.
Those on time stats match my 2019 experience (I have similar BIS miles). Last seven day experience: 2 flights, one had a 2 hour MX delay due to a reverser problem and the other canceled because the plane got stuck in ABQ earlier in the day. A chunk of delays were in the SFO “waiting for a gate” category too.
Old Dec 2, 19, 11:31 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by manually View Post
To this day I am still surprised that SFO is a hub with the constant fog delays
Lots of high-value direct traffic from SFO. Makes sense to keep a hub there. (High time they added some more gates though, and maybe started work on moving the runways, etc.)
Old Dec 3, 19, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1k, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by COMMONC3NTS View Post
I have been getting stupid delays with their regional carrier mesa airlines from IAH.
I never have delays when flying IAH to ORD.

United is getting stupid by making different tiers of economy. This is getting out of hand. How do you have 3 tiers for economy???
Basic Economy
Economy
Premium Economy
Business First
First First

Why stop there??? How about middle seat economy, rear economy, lay in the overhead bin economy, ride in the cargo economy. There is so much more potential here.
They didn't stop. You have Economy Plus (monetized) and Economy Preferred seats (not monetized yet, but any day now)
Old Dec 3, 19, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by danielSuper View Post
They didn't stop. You have Economy Plus (monetized) and Economy Preferred seats (not monetized yet, but any day now)
The Economy Preferred seats may already have been monetized and but not widely discussed on FT. There was some discussion when they first popped up, but I haven't seen much since then. They have a full web page describing them, including Ts and Cs and a FAQ. On my few UA flights this year the app did say something to the effect of "as a UA Premier Silver you can pick a preferred seat for free" or something to that effect while I was still outside the T-24 E+ window. I might find out for sure if I get booked on UA in the coming year, as I've switched as much as possible away from UA and will lapse back to GM for 2020.

ETA: looks like it's already happened with nobody really noticing much. the points guy has an article on it with some screenshots.
Old Dec 3, 19, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K MM (soon to be Gold), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrisl137 View Post
The Economy Preferred seats may already have been monetized and but not widely discussed on FT. There was some discussion when they first popped up, but I haven't seen much since then. They have a full web page describing them, including Ts and Cs and a FAQ. On my few UA flights this year the app did say something to the effect of "as a UA Premier Silver you can pick a preferred seat for free" or something to that effect while I was still outside the T-24 E+ window. I might find out for sure if I get booked on UA in the coming year, as I've switched as much as possible away from UA and will lapse back to GM for 2020.

ETA: looks like it's already happened with nobody really noticing much. the points guy has an article on it with some screenshots.

New Corporate Preferred (upgrade tiebreaker) / new 'preferred' seating section

Search this Thread