FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   PQM on Lufthansa? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1997417-pqm-lufthansa.html)

rccsd Nov 29, 2019 9:41 am

PQM on Lufthansa?

What are people's experiences in getting PQM credit on Lufthansa flights? Was it a hassle and did it take forever? I'm close to getting 1K and this flight would get me there.

I booked a flight through a work travel agent and I can see the ticket starts with 220 (not 016) so it was ticketed by Lufthansa. My MP number is on the ticket and I don't have a Lufthansa account so there shouldn't be any confusion there.

The website suggests that it should be pretty easy and seamless but things rarely are.

WineCountryUA Nov 29, 2019 10:03 am

Originally Posted by rccsd (Post 31787805)
.... The website suggests that it should be pretty easy and seamless ....

And except in some very rare cases, it is. Would not worry the slightest about it (trust but verify), many (including myself) do this on a regular basis and have no issues.

cfischer Nov 29, 2019 10:05 am

LH credits quickly, usually within 2 days. Never any issues.

jsloan Nov 29, 2019 10:10 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 31787885)
LH credits quickly, usually within 2 days. Never any issues.

In fact, for many years, LH flights credited more quickly than UA flights.

rccsd Nov 29, 2019 11:12 am

Awesome, thanks everyone for datapoints.

mduell Nov 29, 2019 1:11 pm

I've had nothing but hassle with earning on LH for the last year since UA and LH can't agree on what my name is. Real pain, getting no *G benefits and then having to call for credit after weeks when the online form inevitably doesn't work.

buck3y3nut Nov 29, 2019 10:23 pm

Flew LH and LX two weeks ago. As one mentioned, the LH flights credited 2 days later. The LX flights took about 3-4 days, but they credited just fine.

televisor Nov 30, 2019 10:39 am

Originally Posted by mduell (Post 31788356)
I've had nothing but hassle with earning on LH for the last year since UA and LH can't agree on what my name is. Real pain, getting no *G benefits and then having to call for credit after weeks when the online form inevitably doesn't work.

Needs more context. Are you booking your LH tickets with the same name that you use on your MP account?

gpicur Nov 30, 2019 11:37 am

LH, LX & OS

Have flown on LH , LX and OS this year, on 220 and 016 ticket stock and had no issues with PQM crediting, always within 2 days. Did have some issues with AC “P” class PQMs, but it credited fine within 3 days. I did have one LH issue where they downgraded me from G to Q in order to upgrade me to I using a GPU. It took about one week to sort out with 1K Voice.