Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I change E basic ticket to regular E ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)

I booked ATL-EWR-DCA E basic class (Jan 2020) ticket a long time ago.
With the change of the rule, I need PQF for 2021 qualification.
I would like to change the E basic ticket to regular E ticket to get PQF. I am willing to pay the fare difference.
I understand E basic is non-refundable and non-changable. But if I have known the changes in Premier Qualification, I would have made the different choice.
How can I do this? Is this something I can call to Premier line and make a change?
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by poohhead80
I understand E basic is non-refundable and non-changable. But if I have known the changes in Premier Qualification, I would have made the different choice.
How can I do this? Is this something I can call to Premier line and make a change?.....
There is no waiver of the non-refundable / non-changeable BE fares for elites. It has been reported the GS can upfare after "error" booking but no sure waiver for others.

You can hope for a schedule change when UA might allow a free refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.