Call from United confirming flights

Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Not UA, but Delta called me recently when a schedule change made a layover to 4+ hours for a domestic itinerary. Received an auto email with the new flights, including confirmation of upgrades.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by YadiMolina
Personally, I found this slightly better than an email advising of a change and requesting to accept the change on the website. I can't conceive of any security threats presented by this call given the information exchanged.
I personally prefer electronic notification that lets me deal with the issue when it is convenient for me and allows me to review the change and its impact carefully and evaluate alternatives. I can then always call United to deal with the issue (as I had to do with AS the other day) if it can’t be handled online.

And unlike the OP, you were at least given a reason for the call. United has never called me just to confirm that I was going to fly a certain itinerary months in the future. In fact, I wouldn’t necessarily be able to confirm without access to my account as I don’t memorize every booking detail.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.