Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Terminal C concourse 2 - openly plumbing new depths

Old Nov 21, 19, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM

Not sure where this goes but thought it should be reported and I didn't see it anywhere already. And its in UA's terminal, so...

I'm getting off a domestic flight yesterday morning and am walking from my gate in the 100 range at EWR C. I notice some temporary construction jutting out about a dozen feet or so into the main concourse normal walking path. This is around gate 105. I notice that it has big icons for restrooms. Also some UA branding. I decide to go inside to check it out. They have constructed a temporary restroom with 5 unisex stalls on what was the main concourse walking path. In the stall I went into there is a toilet, urinal and sink. So people are supposed to do their business right in what was the main concourse. I was shocked as I thought I've seen it all with the desperate conditions at EWR, but this seems like a crappy situation...What's next, a row of port-o-potties?

Old Nov 21, 19, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
I wish I could trust that they are making things for the better but I have no such confidence.

After all, their recent "enhancements we will like" (the new restaurants) aren't any good. They are in the way so it is much harder to walk from gate to gate. They are more expensive. My experience has also been the quality of food is not matching the price. And then, ordering from a Pad, honestly, makes for a poor customer experience.
Old Nov 21, 19, 7:07 am

I saw the outhouses and thought there was no plumbing - didn't dare venture.

At least you put a lid on that rumor for me. Was thinking they had trucked them over from the Meadowlands but apparently got the 'premium' package which explains the lack of social media outcry.
droopydog likes this.
Old Nov 21, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I wish I could trust that they are making things for the better but I have no such confidence.

After all, their recent "enhancements we will like" (the new restaurants) aren't any good. They are in the way so it is much harder to walk from gate to gate. They are more expensive. My experience has also been the quality of food is not matching the price. And then, ordering from a Pad, honestly, makes for a poor customer experience.
Exactly my sentiments. Every improvement seems to reduce walking space and create congestion. I find the OTG "experience" miserable. The iPad ordering system is inefficient and frustrating compared to an experienced server and creates an impersonal, unpleasant dining experience as well as forcing you to tip in advance unless you want to leave cash. In addition, the iPads reduce usable dining table space and block the view of your dining mate, inhibiting conversation-I know you can remove them but you still have to put it somewhere.
Old Nov 21, 19, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer View Post
I saw the outhouses and thought there was no plumbing - didn't dare venture.

At least you put a lid on that rumor for me. Was thinking they had trucked them over from the Meadowlands but apparently got the 'premium' package which explains the lack of social media outcry.
There is plumbing. It goes back though the temporary wall of each outhouse stall. No idea what is going on back there. Just overall seems kinda piss poor.
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Címon these facilities are obviously only temporary. Port Authority is upgrading the restroom facilities within the entire terminal which we can all agree is long, long overdue. If you donít like them, donít use them. Once construction is done itíll be a positive change for all of us.

This setup is light years better than the outhouses outside security at JetBlue/Air Canada Terminal A.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 21, 19 at 9:31 am Reason: Discuss the issue, not the poster(s)
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by clubord View Post
Címon these facilities are obviously only temporary. Port Authority is upgrading the restroom facilities within the entire terminal which we can all agree is long, long overdue. If you donít like them, donít use them. Once construction is done itíll be a positive change for all of us.

This setup is light years better than the outhouses outside security at JetBlue/Air Canada Terminal A.
Thank you! My reaction too. I donít get the issue. ( or see an issue). Maybe some would rather they just issue Depends with your ticket!🙄
ajGoes likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 21, 19 at 9:35 am Reason: Quote updated to reflect Moderator edit
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Eadward View Post
What's next, a row of port-o-potties?
Ha, terminal A gates (Jetblue etc) actually had port-o-potties for a few months as the ONLY options within the gate area.

Port Authority is upgrading the restroom facilities within the entire terminal which we can all agree is long, long overdue.
Dont hold your breath. When the renovated terminal A bathrooms opened up....they were exactly the same. New sink design, and some new tiles, but the same incredibly inefficient layout that means theres always a line for the stalls because there arent enough.

And yes, theres enough room to add another stall, but they didnt.
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Port Authority is upgrading the restroom facilities
I cannot take seriously any sentence that begins with "Port Authority is upgrading . . . ."

The only thing PANY/NJ ever "upgrades" is the bank accounts of those who are in on the scam.
mhy, Thysk, FlyingNone and 7 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:19 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
The nicest (term applied very loosely, but these are actually adequate) restrooms in Terminal C, besides Polaris and Classified, are outside security, between the AirTrain entrance and the old C-3 checkpoint. Nicer than the United Club in C-1, too.

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I cannot take seriously any sentence that begins with "Port Authority is upgrading . . . ."

The only thing PANY/NJ ever "upgrades" is the bank accounts of those who are in on the scam.
It's a UAL project... not that it inspires much confidence, either.
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post

No argument here with that statement....
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by jamesinclair View Post
Ha, terminal A gates (Jetblue etc) actually had port-o-potties for a few months as the ONLY options within the gate area.

Dont hold your breath. When the renovated terminal A bathrooms opened up....they were exactly the same. New sink design, and some new tiles, but the same incredibly inefficient layout that means theres always a line for the stalls because there arent enough.

And yes, theres enough room to add another stall, but they didnt.
This is the same Terminal A theyíre tearing down within the next few years right?

Youíre absolutely right, PA didnít go all in on those facilities. Sorry about your lost stall.
Old Nov 21, 19, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Eadward View Post
So people are supposed to do their business right in what was the main concourse.
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
...(the new restaurants) aren't any good.....
My experience has also been the quality of food is not matching the price.
I find it EXTREMELY disturbing that these two posts are so close to each other...
I will leave it at that.

Old Nov 21, 19, 9:08 am

This is the same Terminal A theyíre tearing down within the next few years right?

Youíre absolutely right, PA didnít go all in on those facilities. Sorry about your lost stall.
So with that logic, why shut them down for 6 months to renovate them into the exact same thing?
Old Nov 21, 19, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jamesinclair View Post
So with that logic, why shut them down for 6 months to renovate them into the exact same thing?
The contractors have kids in college?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: