Wiki Posts
Search

Contactless Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Contactless Explorer card offer

Just in time for an upcoming trip to France, I received an email from Chase offering to replace my MP Explorer card with a contactless one. Jumped right on it. The new card should arrive a few days before I leave.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
As in"tap" style card? My Select card already does this. Surprised the Explorer doesn't. How long have you had that particular card? When did it last expire. My was replaced about 12 months ago due to a fraud issue.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
As in"tap" style card? My Select card already does this. Surprised the Explorer doesn't. How long have you had that particular card? When did it last expire. My was replaced about 12 months ago due to a fraud issue.
The email offering to replace it with the brand-new contactless ("tap-to-pay") version just came today. I've had the card that's being replaced for a year or so — Chase sent me a new one after a hack exposed the previous card's details.

Still no sign of a chip-and-pin version.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Chase has been replacing almost its entire credit card portfolio with the contactless version. My many Chase (non-UA) credit cards have been updating (slowly) on whatever cycle Chase has me on.
ajGoes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.