Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I find out if our seats on biz are the upgraded Polaris seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Hello. We booked biz for ORD-DEL for January on a saver award. Our first leg is ORD-PEK on UA and it was Polaris with a 2-2-2 configuration. However it was later switched to the 777-200 with the 2-4-2 configuration. I assume the seats now are the older biz class seats but is there any way to be sure?
Thank you .
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Neither were the new Polaris seats however the 2-4-2 are the worst United biz seats I would say however you might get a swap to the new polris seats just hope for the best.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by Jacketwatch
Hello. We booked biz for ORD-DEL for January on a saver award. Our first leg is ORD-PEK on UA and it was Polaris with a 2-2-2 configuration. However it was later switched to the 777-200 with the 2-4-2 configuration. I assume the seats now are the older biz class seats but is there any way to be sure?
Thank you .
2-4-2 is the older configuration.

On the app, go to the seat map. If business class is in blue, those are Polaris seats. Orange ones aren't.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:59 am

Thank you .
yes. if orange seat map then old. if blue seat map then new.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Great information. The seats are orange. Oh well. we had the old ones last year ORD-PEK and they were ok. I was advised to ask for extra padding and gel pillows asap after we get on so I hope we can get those.
Larry.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Thank you! Great information. The seats are orange. Oh well. we had the old ones last year ORD-PEK and they were ok. I was advised to ask for extra padding and gel pillows asap after we get on so I hope we can get those.
Larry.
The padding on the old configuration is usually fine, unless you happen to get a seat where the cushion is just completely shot, but the seats are narrow and lack storage. And half the seats on the 2-4-2 configuration don’t have direct aisle access. There is a decent chance the configuration switches to the Polaris configuration before your flight. Watch your seat assignments
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Houston
The padding on the old configuration is usually fine, unless you happen to get a seat where the cushion is just completely shot, but the seats are narrow and lack storage. And half the seats on the 2-4-2 configuration don’t have direct aisle access. There is a decent chance the configuration switches to the Polaris configuration before your flight. Watch your seat assignments
Thank you.
I am watching just about every day. Our current seats are window and aisle. Lets hope it flips back to the 2-2-2

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 17, 2019 at 12:16 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Update:
We leave tomorrow and now its a 777-200 with a 1-2-1 configuration and yes the seats are blue!!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Wow! Its flipped again for todays departure. Now its the 2-4-2 but they put us up in row 2 which is for the Global Service section.
Lets see what happens when we got to the airport!!
Hope its not a DC-3.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:50 am

Wow! Its flipped again for todays departure. Now its the 2-4-2 but they put us up in row 2 which is for the Global Service section.
Lets see what happens when we got to the airport!!
Hope its not a DC-3.
What is that?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by malgudi
What is that?
I think OP is referring to the 777 that still fly in a 3 class 'old' config (Global First, Business, Economy). The Global First section is reserved for Global Services members ahead of time.

-RM
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I think OP is referring to the 777 that still fly in a 3 class 'old' config (Global First, Business, Economy). The Global First section is reserved for Global Services members ahead of time.

-RM
Correct. Thank you.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

-RM
Do those aircraft fly a dedicated route or is it variable? If it’s variable, is there any way to find out when/where they’re going?

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by limey1K
Do those aircraft fly a dedicated route or is it variable? If it’s variable, is there any way to find out when/where they’re going?

Thanks.
Well I can't say for sure but this is the 4th aircraft swap since we booked last March.
It was a 777 with a 2-2-2
Then changed to a 777 with a 2-4-2
Then changed yesterday to a 777 with a 1-2-1 with blue or the newer seats.
And today its back to the 2-4-2 with the old seats though they were kind enough to upgrade us to row 2 or the old 1st class section.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

This was a most pleasant turn of circumstances.
We loved being in the former 1st class section.
The seats were fine, there was plenty of room, the food and IFE were very good and our FA’s were excellent.
This time UA hit the mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.