Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Should I Be Concerned? Booked a flight awhile ago, but now showing only BE bookable?

Should I Be Concerned? Booked a flight awhile ago, but now showing only BE bookable?

Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier

Last summer I booked LAS to DUB with a connect in EWR. 6am out of LAS, long layover in EWR just to be safe. EWR to DUB is listed as a Dreamliner 10 with PP seating. Out of curiosity I checked the fare last week. The route shows up but only as a BE. Later flight with a risky connection time shows all fares My original res shows up in my UA account but should I be worried that they are planning to pull the PP bird for a 757 or 767 without PP? or it is it an on going web site issue?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
When is the flight?

Outside T-3mo there's a lot of froth. Inside that, not much, but swaps can always happen. What's available for sale now has a weak relationship to planned swaps.

Last edited by mduell; Nov 13, 2019 at 12:42 pm
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Not sure I follow. What later flight? There is only one EWR-DUB. What date?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Originally Posted by gene2632
The route shows up but only as a BE.
Typically, BE="Basic Economy". Did you mean something else, as BE is possible on any aircraft type?

Agree with all other replies, date information is missing. Aircraft type is usually firm inside 90 days.

I assume that "risky connection" is due to a later LAS-EWR flight? If you are looking using "book a flight" feature, search only between EWR-DUB. That eliminates the possibility of the software getting confused with non-PP segments. (Shouldn't happen, but that doesn't mean much on the UA website, especially with newer features.)
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by findark
Not sure I follow. What later flight? There is only one EWR-DUB. What date?
Travel date is May 15, 2020. The later flight reference was the LAS to EWR, They are showing a 9:45am departure to EWR that gives me 90 minutes to connect to the DUB flight. That is fine IF, there are no delays and from too years of living in NJ and flying out of EWR I know delays are common there. With that in mind I booked the first LAS-EWR flight of the day so I have 5+ hours to deal with delays etc. If we are on time then it is off to the UC to put our feet up and relax. I had no trouble booking this back in August but now it shows the flights but only with Basic Economy pricing. No regular economy, no flex economy, no premium plus and no business.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:03 pm

Both the LAS-EWR flights (6am and 9:45am departures) show availability in economy and first. No basic economy showing up.

All classes showing as available on EWR-DUB.

Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

I know that both flights have lots of open seats, I know that the LAS to EWR segment is not a PremPlus flight and I know the EWR-DUB segment is. When I booked this last summer it showed mixed cabin, now it just shows only BE available on the flights I have. That is what is confusing me.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Travel date is May 15, 2020. The later flight reference was the LAS to EWR, They are showing a 9:45am departure to EWR that gives me 90 minutes to connect to the DUB flight.
I'd say it's too darned early to be worrying about the connection time for flights in May. I would bet there will be some minor change to the scheduled times between now and then anyway -- and if it's a major change, you get a free change. No way you're going to know about severe weather impacts at EWR sooner than a week out (if that).
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... When I booked this last summer it showed mixed cabin, now it just shows only BE available on the flights I have. That is what is confusing me.
Expert Mode shows plenty of fare class availability, so it would suggest there is an issue with the filed fares. Give a a week and see if it is corrected.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Way too early to be thinking about equipment 7 months out. Could easily change more than once between now and then.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Expert Mode shows plenty of fare class availability, so it would suggest there is an issue with the filed fares. Give a a week and see if it is corrected.
I see that and see tons of empty seats. I guess with too many miles on UA I don't really trust them any father than I can throw one of their 787-10s. This has been going on for a few days now but I will keep an eye on it and be thankful, I think, that I booked it months ago before the fares crossed the $2,000 mark for PP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.