Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Error showing earnings based on bulk ticket

Old Nov 11, 19, 1:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I bought a ticket through my corporate travel agent for a United TATL round trip. Iíve now changed the date and routing. Total cost is over 10k for a simple round trip. When I go into the reservation it shows earnings based on mileage and the eticket receipt shows a bulk fare. Itís a 016 ticket. Is this something to be concerned about or will it credit the normal 75k.
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PGFlyer85 View Post
I bought a ticket through my corporate travel agent for a United TATL round trip. I’ve now changed the date and routing. Total cost is over 10k for a simple round trip. When I go into the reservation it shows earnings based on mileage and the eticket receipt shows a bulk fare. It’s a 016 ticket. ....
Possible it is a bulk ticket or a UA display error but I would contact the corporate travel agent to clarify.

You can view the fare rules online at united.com
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried the experiment of doing a dummy booking for your exact flights to see what fares and prices are available? This is likely to be most useful if the ticket was just issued. Alternatively, can you find the fare and fare rules on EF to try to understand the ticket that was purchased for you?
Old Nov 11, 19, 3:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks. We donít do bulk tickets as a matter of course. Itís a typical C/D class flexible business ticket.
Old Nov 11, 19, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, Marriott Titanium
No you won't earn 75k, instead you will earn RDM base on distance travelled, 150% base + elite bonus (100% for 1K, 75% for Plat, 50% for Gold), base on the ticket price seems like a bad deal. You should ask your TA to void the ticket and reissue published fare.
Old Nov 11, 19, 4:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gokeeper View Post
No you won't earn 75k, instead you will earn RDM base on distance travelled, 150% base + elite bonus (100% for 1K, 75% for Plat, 50% for Gold), base on the ticket price seems like a bad deal. You should ask your TA to void the ticket and reissue published fare.
but how could that have happened in the first place? We donít buy bulk tickets. Thatís why Iím wondering if it could be an error based on the change?
Old Nov 11, 19, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
but how could that have happened in the first place? We donít buy bulk tickets. Thatís why Iím wondering if it could be an error based on the change?
Get the latest copy of the receipt. If it shows a USD amount paid (not BULK) then you don't have a bulk ticket and worst case you should be able to call MPSC and get it fixed.
Old Nov 11, 19, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, Marriott Titanium
If the receipt from UA said BULK then it is a bulk fare, you need to contact your travel provider to correct it.
Old Nov 11, 19, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gokeeper View Post
If the receipt from UA said BULK then it is a bulk fare, you need to contact your travel provider to correct it.
Before insisting that the corporate TA change the ticket, double check your travel policy to see whether there could have been recent changes impacting the use of BULK fares.
Old Nov 11, 19, 8:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Two simple steps, if the UA receipt says "BULK"
-- Talk to the travel agency and ask
-- Download the fare rules and search for the word "BULK"

Search this Thread
Search Engine: