Thank you for being 1K

Old Nov 9, 19, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
🎶 Travel round the world and back again... 🎶
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Suggestion -- let's tone down the criticisms of how other people feel / reaction to the thread's subject. We each have our individual experiences / reactions and all should feel free to express those. However, a cardinal rule for FT is we discuss the issues, not the poster(s). Criticizing others will lead to no good.

Feel free to relate your experiences and reactions, and allow others to do the same without being attacked. Their reactions are as valid as yours.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by cawhite View Post
Agreed - Iíve noticed the increase in verbal acknowledgment for both 1K and MM for several months, with several of the phone agents also commenting on how close I was getting to 2MM.
I've noticed this too on the phone. Something like, "it's a pleasure to be assisting a soon to be three million miler". That part appears to new.
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan View Post
Not at all. United has been thanking me for being a 1K often, at multiple touch points, for ages. Iíve become inured to it.

Or just pile it on ďplease, it is I who must thank you. It is an inestimable honor to be your customer. I thank God every day that I, a humble peon, have been elevated to the rank of 1K and *G on United. The great sacrifices of my parents and grandparents have finally paid off.Ē
I wonder if they did, indeed, send word to recognize elites. The staff that do so anyway (and who you're in contact with regularly) keep doing so, and the others have picked up.

Good to know that a number of associates are on the ball. I will say I just reached *G with another airline and was pleasantly surprised by UA staff congratulating me for my Gold status with the alliance.
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh View Post

Somehow the history of how customers are attracted and retained has been cast aside and now it's only focused are market segmentation and financial ratios. In the long-run brand loyalty is extremely difficult build and very easy to destroy. I'm afraid United seems interested in testing the limits of how easy it is to destroy.
I agree very much with all you said, I am around 4.2 with UA with around 2m/6-8 years left in the tank before I call it a day and I have cut back significantly on my UA spend for quality reasons.The higher price lower quality equation was not working for me.
10 years of economic expansion has made many organizations complacent with customer care and retention, maybe the next recession will re calibrate that. You can most likely expect that the recontact F Flyer campaign will begin roughly the same time as the plumbers who currently don't return your calls are leaving flyers in your mailbox looking for work.

Search this Thread