Switching Global Service to Delta

Old Nov 6, 19, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Switching Global Service to Delta

Hi
I've had a series of bad experiences as United Global Services (2.6 million miler). Has anyone taken advantage of the Delta switch offer? Do they also do the Global Service equivalent? Do the cumulative miles carry over?

THanks for any help!
Old Nov 6, 19, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
Sorry to hear your experience.

I think the questions are better posted in the Delta Forum to get more constructive feedbacks and specifics on the Delta program.
Old Nov 6, 19, 7:05 am

Programs: ex-Con *Gold (earned) moving to DL
Originally Posted by JuliaGl View Post
Hi
I've had a series of bad experiences as United Global Services (2.6 million miler). Has anyone taken advantage of the Delta switch offer? Do they also do the Global Service equivalent? Do the cumulative miles carry over?

THanks for any help!
At least publicly, Delta will only status match / challenge up to Platinum. Their invitation-only non-tier tier is called Delta 360. They use Porsches rather than MB for their tight hub transfers. Beyond that, agree that the Delta forum is the place to look.
Old Nov 6, 19, 7:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I am very surprised to see such a thread. I have been GS for the last 2 years and have found it to be great. The biggest perk comes when you need help, such as when travel plans are disrupted by a delay (mechanical, operational, weather, etc). I have found each United person that I have come in contact with to be extremely helpful, to the best of what is possible, in such situations. I travel almost every week, domestic and international, and now that we moved from New Jersey to Orlando, have to connect most of the time. The extra help making the connections, and being rerouted when a problem arises, is why United has my full loyalty.
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hi

THanks for any help!
As stated above, DL has an unpublished invitation only tier called 360. In contrast to UA 1K, DL's top published DM tier requires 125,000 status miles or 140 segments plus $15,000 spend. Normal policy is to offer status challenges only to PM (75,000 status miles).

NO, your "cumulative" miles will NOT "carry over."
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by frenchyfrog View Post
I am very surprised to see such a thread. I have been GS for the last 2 years and have found it to be great. The biggest perk comes when you need help, such as when travel plans are disrupted by a delay (mechanical, operational, weather, etc). I have found each United person that I have come in contact with to be extremely helpful, to the best of what is possible, in such situations. I travel almost every week, domestic and international, and now that we moved from New Jersey to Orlando, have to connect most of the time. The extra help making the connections, and being rerouted when a problem arises, is why United has my full loyalty.
GS is a pretty good program, but I have found as with all things UA it can be pretty inconsistent at times. I am not sure if the OP is unhappy with UA or the the GS program,the service I have found to be not as good since the membership population was expanded. I can't offer any view on Delta as others have noted there are those who can provide better input on that program but unless you are in both simultaneously on have recently flipped it is difficult to compare the two beyond published benefits in operation.

Last edited by wanderingkev; Nov 6, 19 at 9:29 am
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Wow - I was told GS was the dogs bollocks to use a British expression. This is a new one. I suppose the only level above GS is Tom Stucker level?
Old Nov 6, 19, 3:55 pm

Hi

THanks for any help!
Sorry to hear, care to share details?
Old Nov 6, 19, 6:35 pm

Same here, bad experiences w United and GS. Only GS for 3 years, but decided to give UA my economy business only - I don't want to reward bad behavior w business class purchases. But they are getting all my $500 tickets Asia to USA. Same as next year. I may not even make 1k next year. Probably borderline. This year is about $20k spend and 250k BIS miles.
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
Wow - I was told GS was the dogs bollocks to use a British expression. This is a new one. I suppose the only level above GS is Tom Stucker level?
There is a subset of GS users with Chairman's Circle status. There's some old thread on FT with a little discussion of it.
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by VWang1111 View Post
There is a subset of GS users with Chairman's Circle status. There's some old thread on FT with a little discussion of it.
IIRC Chairman's Circle was an old US top status. It's also a Hertz (top) elite level.
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
IIRC Chairman's Circle was an old US top status.
Not to be confused by the Chariman's flight, a perk only reserved for executives at the Port Authority
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
IIRC Chairman's Circle was an old US top status. It's also a Hertz (top) elite level.
I believe at Hertz itís Presidents Circle, not Chairmanís Circle.

edit to add ďnotĒ.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Nov 7, 19 at 8:07 am
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by VWang1111 View Post
Yes, Tier above Global Services - Chairman's Circle

Please use that thread for that discussion.

WineCountryUA
UA coMocerator
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by deskover54 View Post
Same here, bad experiences w United and GS. Only GS for 3 years, but decided to give UA my economy business only - I don't want to reward bad behavior w business class purchases. But they are getting all my $500 tickets Asia to USA. Same as next year. I may not even make 1k next year. Probably borderline. This year is about $20k spend and 250k BIS miles.
I did a similar thing the middle of last year,not because of bad experiences with GS, I donít rate the Polaris product so UA just gets my domestic travel now

Search this Thread
Search Engine: