Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:19 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: texd
Wiki Link
So, is anything happening with this? Just curious (Oct 3, 2019)

If you paid cash for a lifetime Club membership and would like to join a potential class action due to this material change, please post your username here:
ctownflyer
hog Heaven
AAdmiral
nsx + 1
RichardInSF
Sykes
soartoday
lax2jfk2lax
libuser + 1
Xyzzy + 1
Buster CT1K
1K Student
Elitefreak
flyer austin + 1 (wiki-restricted member, added by IAH-OIL-TRASH)
Radonc1 + 1 (not a FT member but has LT membership)
Halo117
mikey
Mnmag
Vulcan
lateacher
kmersh
MazdaMP
bajong
sandiego1k
thesilb
HnlJay
nachosdelux
wtigerFF
a1bengal
benolaa
LeslieandDiane
SPN Lifer +1
YRKInsider
texd

If you received a lifetime Club membership from the UA MM program and would like to join a potential class action, please post your username here:
deek
honmani2
lax2jfk2lax (recd 2nd lifetime for hitting 2MM which I gifted)

Related thread: Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner) Original thread -- focused on the basic access issue, most lifetime membership posts have been moved to this lifetime thread

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 28, 19, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
As a thirty-something lifetime United Club member I take firm umbrage with this statement. I know half a dozen other lifetime members under 40. With average life expectancy at over 80...do you think it will take half a century for a resolution?
If they rush, maybe.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 29, 19, 5:39 am

Programs: United, Delta, American
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
Likely an exceedingly, almost immeasurable percentage of overall membership, but likely be an exceedingly vocal and overly miffed group of folks on FT.

Regards
Too true. We are certainly miffed.
Old Dec 30, 19, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I just spoke with a reporter for a paper based in one of United's hubs. She's writing a story on United's decision not to honor the terms of lifetime United Club memberships. She'd like to speak with customers who have lifetime memberships.

If you'd be willing to speak to this reporter please PM me with:

Full name
Email Address
Phone #
Where you're based
Whether you're happy/unhappy with this change

Thanks,
Gary
Mikey, nsx, SPN Lifer and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 19, 5:44 pm

Am willing to talk with reporter

Gleff,

Excellent news!

Am willing to talk reporter re United Club Lifetime membership

But am not sure what you mean by " please PM me with"

How do I "PM" with you?
Old Dec 30, 19, 6:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by LeslieandDiane View Post

How do I "PM" with you?
"Private Message"

Left Hand click on the member's username and select "send a private message to ......"
Old Dec 30, 19, 6:15 pm

Thank you
Old Dec 31, 19, 10:10 am

Programs: CONTINENTAL AND NOW UNITED
Talking Uc lifetime changes.

Originally Posted by gleff View Post
i just spoke with a reporter for a paper based in one of united's hubs. She's writing a story on united's decision not to honor the terms of lifetime united club memberships. She'd like to speak with customers who have lifetime memberships.

If you'd be willing to speak to this reporter please pm me with:

Full name
email address
phone #
where you're based
whether you're happy/unhappy with this change

thanks,
gary
thank you sir gary...pm sent...much obliged
Old Jan 2, 20, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
In addition to Mikey contacting the law firm, is anyone considering small claims on individual basis?
Old Jan 2, 20, 4:29 pm

Not sure how to since we have no paperwork from when we purchased the Lifetime memberships.
Old Jan 2, 20, 5:57 pm

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Originally Posted by LeslieandDiane View Post
Not sure how to since we have no paperwork from when we purchased the Lifetime memberships.
That's not quite true. Many of us have some paperwork, but in a potential legal conversation it is best not to show ones cards too early.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jan 2, 20, 6:27 pm

Outstanding. Glad you have some paperwork
Old Jan 4, 20, 12:13 am

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
This is an extraordinarily important issue to lifetime United Club members.
Mikey likes this.
Old Jan 4, 20, 12:38 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
That's not quite true. Many of us have some paperwork, but in a potential legal conversation it is best not to show ones cards too early.
I am very skeptical about this. Anything you have, United has. Corporations don't lose the terms and conditions of their promotions.

I mean, you don't have to post anything here you don't want to, but if there were, in fact, a smoking gun, holding it back would be of no benefit at all. Indeed, since the only thing that would really be a game changer would be a document that establishes UA can't do this, you would want to bring it to United's attention ASAP if you had it.
LeslieandDiane likes this.
Old Jan 5, 20, 12:19 am

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I am very skeptical about this. Anything you have, United has. Corporations don't lose the terms and conditions of their promotions.

I mean, you don't have to post anything here you don't want to, but if there were, in fact, a smoking gun, holding it back would be of no benefit at all. Indeed, since the only thing that would really be a game changer would be a document that establishes UA can't do this, you would want to bring it to United's attention ASAP if you had it.
Corporations make mistakes all the time. Regardless of what any document says, should it desire United can choose to ignore us absent a ruling from a court which may well be impossible to enforce in any event. The question is whether it is worth our efforts to get them to deliver what they promised?
Old Jan 7, 20, 10:46 am

I have contacted Foley Bezer three times with no call back. Can someone else recommend another firm?

I am also willing to chat with Mr. Leff and have PM'd him.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: