Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zebranz
So, is anything happening with this? Just curious (Oct 3, 2019)

If you paid cash for a lifetime Club membership and would like to join a potential class action due to this material change, please post your username here:
ctownflyer
hog Heaven
AAdmiral
nsx + 1
RichardInSF
Sykes
soartoday
lax2jfk2lax
libuser + 1
Xyzzy + 1
Buster CT1K
1K Student
Elitefreak
flyer austin + 1 (wiki-restricted member, added by IAH-OIL-TRASH)
Radonc1 + 1 (not a FT member but has LT membership)
Halo117
mikey
Mnmag
Vulcan
lateacher
kmersh
MazdaMP
bajong
sandiego1k
thesilb
HnlJay
nachosdelux
wtigerFF
a1bengal
benolaa
LeslieandDiane
SPN Lifer +1
YRKInsider
texd
IAHtraveler
nzpilot
zebranz

If you received a lifetime Club membership from the UA MM program and would like to join a potential class action, please post your username here:
deek
honmani2
lax2jfk2lax (recd 2nd lifetime for hitting 2MM which I gifted)
seacarl

Related thread: Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner) Original thread -- focused on the basic access issue, most lifetime membership posts have been moved to this lifetime thread

Print Wikipost

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: UA AA WN DL BA LH
Hoping to fly United again

It's been nearly a year since United announced their plans to cheat their lifetime club members. I haven't flown United since. On the plus side, I've gotten elite status elsewhere.
I would be happy to start flying United again if they change their stance.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by flyer austin
It's been nearly a year since United announced their plans to cheat their lifetime club members. I haven't flown United since. On the plus side, I've gotten elite status elsewhere.
I would be happy to start flying United again if they change their stance.
Keep writing in and let them know.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:18 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Maybe they will set-up pop-up clubs for lifetime members and the issue goes away
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:58 pm

C'mon United! Do the right thing and make an exception for lifetime members!

Any news?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 30, 2019 at 9:39 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Mikey
Any news?
Assuming nothing comes out today, let's make tomorrow the DoT complaint day.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA

For what it is worth, AA sent out an official email today.

While I’m happy with the resolution they dripped out news (first through a travel blogger, then from a PR execs personal Twitter, then denied on public Twitter then confirmed on public Twitter. Think it would be better to just send an email.

Seeing as it took until today for their PR machine to make an email, it could be that UA simply made the decision a couple days later.

For me I think we should wait to file DOT complaints until the policy has actually been implemented. As we all know enterprises often change many details between policy announcement and implementation.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
For what it is worth, AA sent out an official email today.

While I’m happy with the resolution they dripped out news (first through a travel blogger, then from a PR execs personal Twitter, then denied on public Twitter then confirmed on public Twitter. Think it would be better to just send an email.

Seeing as it took until today for their PR machine to make an email, it could be that UA simply made the decision a couple days later.

For me I think we should wait to file DOT complaints until the policy has actually been implemented. As we all know enterprises often change many details between policy announcement and implementation.
I think we're more likely to get an exception if we fight for it before implementation.

United has made it clear to everyone who complained so far that the new rules will apply to everyone, including lifetime members. That's more than enough basis to take our case to the DoT that UA is behaving badly.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:46 pm

Come on United. If the decision has been made please announce it. It will save us all a lot of grief.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:56 pm

Come on United. If the decision has been made please announce it. It will save us all a lot of grief.
Until we hear otherwise, the decision was made loud and clear. No lifetime exception.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:23 pm

Agreed.

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Write-in campaign on Wednesday 10/16 about United's failure to honor their commitment to allow lifetime club members to access the club regardless of the airline they're flying.

Be sure to mention that both AA and DL have honored their commitment to their lifetime club members:
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
https://viewfromthewing.com/lifetime...irlines-ticket

Specific case examples of why you invested in the lifetime membership or why you may need to fly another airline (in my case, due to the CLE hub closure, etc) will certainly be useful.

Write to all that are applicable:
Oscar: [email protected]
United Club: [email protected]
If you are 1K/GS email the contact on the back of your premier card.
If you aren't 1K/GS: [email protected]

Let's keep those emails going in!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 30, 2019 at 9:35 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I sent an email to Oscar today.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:34 pm

I sent another email into Oscar and the reply from customer care was the same as ever - no exception.

Keep sending those emails to any address you can find folks!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm at the LHR UC now. I asked the agent if she had heard any buzz about an exemption for lifetime members, and she looked at me like I had two heads it was November 1 and I was trying to access the UC while flying on AA.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:38 am

Come on United! Do the right thing - make the exception!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:56 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Come on United! Do the right thing - make the exception!
How about making that your signature? @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.