Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Survey: Tell us what you think about our partnership with Marriott Bonvoy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Survey: Tell us what you think about our partnership with Marriott Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
As someone who earns Marriott status the hard way, I'm 100% fine with the current set-up. And see no good reason that Marriott should give the same benefits to a 9 night per year customer that it gives to a 99 nights per year customer.
It did, however. A 9 night person isn’t going to get a lot out of it anyway or “screw others” out of enjoying their benefits.

It would be nice to see UA negotiate Plat on MB for 1K. Especially since 1K will become much harder to achieve going forward.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:28 pm

If Titaniums/Ambassadors gets United Gold... then 1K/GS getting Marriott Platinum seems like a good trade 😄.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Yeah, I was part of that crowd and I can see where Marriott "residents" would be annoyed. Gold, however. seems pretty useless. It doesn't entice me to overpay for a Marriott when I can stay at any number of equivalent-quality hotels in London and get breakfast, too. If Marriott were to provide free breakfast to 1K/GS, that would get me back. That shouldn't annoy the "residents".
I was part of the crowd that flooded the lounges as well, and moved all of my travel (personal and business) to Marriott when we had lounge access/breakfast. Now that I map to Marriott Gold, no reason to stick with Marriott for business. My spouse works for Marriott so we can sometimes score Marriott Associate Rate rooms for personal travel.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
I got the survey. I told them this partnership is completely worthless for someone like me. Lifetime Titanium with Marriott Bonvoy, and Lifetime Gold current 1K with UAMP. I earned all the Elite benefits the hard way, 1MM BIS and >1000 nights.
That’s like telling them liquor offerings are completely worthless because you don’t drink. Not very helpful feedback.

The linkup with Marriott wasn’t targeting you. Perhaps they should have filtered people like you out of receiving the email.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:33 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
The survey simply didn't work on any of my gadgets, iPad or Mac, so I deleted the email, this weeks round of Apple OS updates are causing a bunch of problems. I got the impression it was nothing more than a sales pitch, to get you to sign-up for a Marriott Bonvoy membership. In my case, not needed, I'm already LT Titanium Elite. The funny thing is before the merger I was mostly loyal to Marriott but since the merger 90% of my nights (112 so far this year) are in SPG properties. The SPG lounges are much better than Marriotts, on average. My travel is 95% international and primarily in Asia.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
As someone who earns Marriott status the hard way, I'm 100% fine with the current set-up. And see no good reason that Marriott should give the same benefits to a 9 night per year customer that it gives to a 99 nights per year customer.
... said the guy/gal who is “Hilton Diamond (Aspire)” :-)

(full disclaimer: so am I, though I am getting close to earned-through-nights Diamond this year after basically shifting most of my Marriott-through-UA-status-enticed stays over to Hilton)

I didn’t get the survey (yet), but I am double-Marriott-Gold through UA and Amex Plat. Unlike the old Gold status, the new one is really no significant incentive. I don’t blame UA for that - it was a benefit that came out of the blue a few years ago and did its job of shifting stays to Marriott that otherwise would have gone to a competitor. It’s Marriott’s loss, as far as I am concerned - there’s pretty much always a suitable alternative for me and if I get better benefits elsewhere, that’s where I go.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Oct 31, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
UA Gold and higher members already get complementary Gold status with Marriott. If you want Plat, stay the min. required nights.

Marriott elites only get UA Silver status, and that is for Titanium members and up.

UA Silver is better than Bonvoy Gold.

E+, Premier Access boarding/bag handling, possible first class upgrades, reduced fees
cesco.g and Halo117 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Too many
I got the survey. I told them this partnership is completely worthless for someone like me. Lifetime Titanium with Marriott Bonvoy, and Lifetime Gold current 1K with UAMP. I earned all the Elite benefits the hard way, 1MM BIS and >1000 nights.
I second that. I’m in the same boat as you.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
They asked me to take the survey because I'm not enrolled in the program. Problem...I am enrolled in the program and have status in MP because of it.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:01 pm

IMHO it's a very bad partnership as we have seen this month. They are Bonvoying their frequent flyers who fly tens of thousands of miles every year with them and giving them no status for their patronage! At least Marriott had the decency to provide status with their branded AE credit cards

-James
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This survey was very annoying to complete as it did not like Firefox on desktop or the Samsung Browser on my phone, probably because of the various addons I use, so I had to restart the survey several times to get it right. But since I am Lifetime Titanium with Marriott, the whole thing does nothing for me and I would be better off if United had a different hotel partner.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska Gold 75k, Marriott Amb
Im a GS. i get bonvoy gold from 4 different sources (including being lifetime bonvoy gold...). frankly, the downgrade of GS from platinum to gold as a benefit made the bonvoy/united benefit worthless.

Last edited by iainmc; Oct 31, 2019 at 4:49 pm
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
If Titaniums/Ambassadors gets United Gold... then 1K/GS getting Marriott Platinum seems like a good trade ��.
They only get Silver.

Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Same thing I told them.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
It seems Hyatt’s World of Hyatt program and AAdvantage have a better package of benefits for top elites.

As a Globlist, I get AA Platinum status after linking the two accounts and offered fast track to Platinum Elites.

ConciergeKey members get Globalist status.

Perhaps UA and Marriott can match the same benefits as Hyatt and AA are offering to remain competitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.