Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA adds seasonal nonstop DEN-NAS in Spring/Summer 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

United adds nonstop flight from Denver to Nassau, Bahamas.

Begins on March 7, 2020 through August 15, 2020.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...om-march-2020/
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Based on the timing of the outbound, United seems to be banking on pure O&D traffic. Maybe I'm in the minority, but the last place I'd want to go in the summers would be the Caribbean.
MSPeconomist and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Based on the timing of the outbound, United seems to be banking on pure O&D traffic. Maybe I'm in the minority, but the last place I'd want to go in the summers would be the Caribbean.
Yeah, if you had to ask me to identify the season for a seasonal DEN-NAS flight, summer would have been my fourth choice.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
H

Originally Posted by jsloan
Yeah, if you had to ask me to identify the season for a seasonal DEN-NAS flight, summer would have been my fourth choice.
Maybe they anticipate a lot of local demand in NAS?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Maybe they anticipate a lot of local demand in NAS?
I'd still think it would be a winter route, for skiing.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
I'd still think it would be a winter route, for skiing.
Summer route for water skiing?
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire Elite + Kimpton Inner Circle, AA Gold
That doesn't seem to be the case

UA734 DEN0956 – 1600NAS 738 6 - Departs after the 9a bank to capture most travelers on an inbound 6a flight
UA1582 NAS1137 – 1443DEN 738 6 - Arrives for 3p+ bank

This is a leisure route so tight connections aren't ideal or desirable to most travelers.

https://viewfromthewing.com/united-r...for-travelers/
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by k_den

UA734 DEN0956 – 1600NAS 738 6 - Departs after the 9a bank to capture most travelers on an inbound 6a flight
UA1582 NAS1137 – 1443DEN 738 6 - Arrives for 3p+ bank

This is a leisure route so tight connections aren't ideal or desirable to most travelers.

https://viewfromthewing.com/united-r...for-travelers/
Perhaps your idea of a great start to a vacation is to wake up at 3:30 AM on a Saturday to get to the airport for a 6 AM departure -- probably earlier if you're "most travelers" and may have to wait in a long line. It's not mine.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire Elite + Kimpton Inner Circle, AA Gold
Perhaps your idea of a great start to a vacation is to wake up at 3:30 AM on a Saturday to get to the airport for a 6 AM departure -- probably earlier if you're "most travelers" and may have to wait in a long line. It's not mine.
At that point, you should already be on Bahamas time - it's 5:30a there!

A lot of inbound 50 seaters filled with pillows and pajamas on Saturday mornings in Den already.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by narvik
Summer route for water skiing?
Yes, it is! They will go on water skiing.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
When my alternative is to be up an hour later and connect twice (incl. EWR), instead of once, I will gladly take this new flight. Connects perfectly for me.

And this year I was shoveling snow in March, so not sure why people are complaining about season
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by k_den

I was actually just looking at flights from the west coast hubs (like SFO and LAX). Still not sure there's enough traffic from places like ABQ, BFF, BOI, and SLC to justify this route, but what do I know?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I was actually just looking at flights from the west coast hubs (like SFO and LAX). Still not sure there's enough traffic from places ABQ, BFF, BOI, and SLC to justify this route, but what do I know?
and PDX, SEA and other places out west. The UA alternative from PDX, for example, is a red-eye to EWR and then onwards to NAS. I’d much prefer the early morning departure to DEN.

Having never been to the Bahamas (and a million times to Hawaii), I might actually use this new flight next year if I can find a good fare or award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.