FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Sitting next to Oscar (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1993291-sitting-next-oscar.html)

TomMM Oct 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Sitting next to Oscar

Title says it all. He is very outgoing to passengers and crew.

miasmal Oct 29, 2019 1:28 pm

I'd be more impressed if he was sitting in Y.

TomMM Oct 29, 2019 1:34 pm

Sorry. He did board last though..

murphyUA Oct 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by miasmal (Post 31678830)
I'd be more impressed if he was sitting in Y.

He's already flying United, give him a break.

jp12687 Oct 29, 2019 1:41 pm

What route?

MSPeconomist Oct 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Did the FAs fawn over him or did they practice passive-aggressive behavior?

BTW, it's a DL urban legend that when Anderson was CEO, he flew in coach for domestic trips and took middle seats.

ctownflyer Oct 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 31678801)
Title says it all. He is very outgoing to passengers and crew.

If you could ask him a question...
Why won't UA honor its deal with lifetime club members who paid thousands of dollars to access clubs without the need to also buy a UA ticket.

Vulcan Oct 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Why won't UA honor its deal with lifetime club members who paid thousands of dollars to access clubs without the need to also buy a UA ticket. And mention that Delta has made this exception.

This is THE question. All I want to know, as I am one who spent thousands.

ctownflyer Oct 29, 2019 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 31678977)
Why won't UA honor its deal with lifetime club members who paid thousands of dollars to access clubs without the need to also buy a UA ticket. And mention that Delta has made this exception.

This is THE question. All I want to know, as I am one who spent thousands.

Delta and AA have made an exception. Mind-boggling that UA won't.

worldwidedreamer Oct 29, 2019 2:11 pm

+1 to ctownflyer and Vulcan.

imho if United does not relent, this will become like a blister that will not go away until the last lifetime member expires. (For both sides).

uastarflyer Oct 29, 2019 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 31678959)
Why won't UA honor its deal with lifetime club members who paid thousands of dollars to access clubs without the need to also buy a UA ticket.

There are 100’s of more relevant topics than this niche thing, given the oppty to ask the CEO a question. It would totally damage the questioner’s credibility.

(I am with you on the issue though)

iapetus Oct 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 31679076)
There are 100’s of more relevant topics than this niche thing, given the oppty to ask the CEO a question. It would totally damage the questioner’s credibility.

I get your point. It would be very low on a list of things I would ask, too. But I do wonder, seeing as how it is a niche issue, if he's even aware of it.

dmurphynj Oct 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 31679076)

If it were me, I think I'd just say "Thanks for the coffee!" and shake his hand. Improvement Numero Uno for this caffeine-swilling knucklehead.

Of all the possible things in the airline industry that could be asked... I doubt that asking a question that applies to a sub-segment of a sub-segment of a sub-segment of users, in a very edge case, would be the most pressing thing on his plate. Or, that he'd even know what the heck you'd be talking about.

As uastarflyer said, I'm in total agreement on the issue... but don't think it bubbles up to a CEO-level issue; that's all.

HNLbasedFlyer Oct 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by dmurphynj (Post 31679120)

Of all the possible things in the airline industry that could be asked... I doubt that asking a question that applies to a sub-segment of a sub-segment of a sub-segment of users, in a very edge case, would be the most pressing thing on his plate. Or, that he'd even know what the heck you'd be talking about.

He certainly knows the issue - the entire Executive team gets a daily briefing in their inbox of operational performance, hot issues, status of key projects.

With that said, it wouldn't be appropriate to ask him about lifetime club memberships unless the original poster was going to be impacted by that change.

Personally, I'd probably leave the guy alone - but if he seemed open to questions/comments, I'd probably say to him I enjoy the Mileage Plus lifetime program and hope you don't make any changes to it - I'm encouraged by the start of pre-ordering F meals, and make a respectful comment that international Biz food and drink offerings could be improved.

jp12687 Oct 29, 2019 3:40 pm

I could not see a circumstance where I ask about such a niche thing as lifetime club passes.

if he was open to questions/chatting I’d ask him about the loyalty program and try to strike up conversation around actual improvements that make it loyalty but maybe don’t give up the farm from a financial perspective (maybe a better TOD program that offers upgrades to elites?)