Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA Grant 2020 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2019?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA may proactively grant exceptions
Some have speculated your past history with UA may be a factor or an unusually high PQD or some life event reason or ....
To manually request an exception,
Contact MPSC
Hours: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. (CT), 7 days a week
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655
or
Email MileagePlus
United may also offer you a buy-up:
2019 Elite Buy-Up Offers from United (for higher status than earned in 2018)
2018 UA MP elite status buy-up offers (for higher status than earned in 2017)

Previous threads
Will UA Grant 2019 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2018?

Will UA Grant 2018 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2017?

Will UA Grant 2017 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2016?

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Will UA Grant Me Elite Status if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying? (2011-2014)

Related threads
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2019 for Elite Status in 2020"

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2017 for Elite Status in 2018

I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2016 for Elite Status in 2017

Granted 2017 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Granted 2016 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Granted 2015 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]
Print Wikipost

Will UA Grant 2020 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: Chase UR, MR, RR
Originally Posted by iapetus
We use Concur, too. And it books me in E+, though I'm not really sure how it knows it can do that (it does, of course, have all of my MP info). But I usually just go right back into the reservation once my itinerary has been booked and pick the seat I really want.
Good to know, lol!
I’m going to see how the rest of December goes I think and if anything maybe buy the subscription if I don’t hit silver organically for the E+ til I hit it next year
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
Need $1 PQD for 2020

$1 shy of Silver PQD for 2020 and no plans to fly remainder of 2019. Will MP give me back my silver? How can I get $1 for PQD?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAVirgin
$1 shy of Silver PQD for 2020 and no plans to fly remainder of 2019. Will MP give me back my silver? ...
No one here can answer that, it is possible but not guaranteed
Some have called MP Service Center to see if they will handle it now.

How can I get $1 for PQD?
Only way I am aware to earn PQDs without flying is to purchase an annual E+ access plan, Economy Plus Subscriptions -- Q&A, issues, .... which might make sense for Silver as it provides E+ access at booking vs check-in.
You could also wait and see if UA offers in January a 2019 UA MP elite status buy-up offers(for higher status than earned in 2018) as offered last January.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
I hadn't thought of the E+ subscription. Thanks WineCountryUA.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC
Have you considered buying an E+ subscription next year? If E+ seating is your primary concern, a subscription will allow you to book E+ when you buy your ticket vs T-24 hrs for Silver. Buying the subscription would be a lot less hassle than a MR and would get you better seats sooner.
UAVirgin likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I hadn't thought of the E+ subscription. Thanks WineCountryUA.
And the nice thing there is that you can wait until December 31st to do it. I thought I would be able to avoid getting on a plane until January, but I have to do a day trip to SFO next week. It would be a bummer to pay for a subscription for purposes of requalification, only to discover that you didn't actually need it for that should, for example, unanticipated travel come up.
UAVirgin likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA1k
$1 shy of $15k for 1k 2020

Literally, $1 shy after this next trip and will be away until next year so no mileage run.

Do you think UA would make an exception?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's an interesting experiment

Or you could possibly upfare your remaining ticket for the sure thing.
txaggiemiles likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by spaceman3
Literally, $1 shy after this next trip and will be away until next year so no mileage run.

probably not. 1 mile shy with $30k ... certainly. Missing on PQD is risky. Just get the extra dollar with extra purchases ... don't risk it.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

As stated to a similar earlier case
"No one here can answer that, it is possible but not guaranteed
Some have called MP Service Center to see if they will handle it now."

Try to do something proactive now, such as contacting MPSC or call an see if an agent will bump the up coming trip to the next fare class (for no change fee) -- explain the situation and ask if there is something they could help with. Don't leave this to chance.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
No. Full stop. Stop asking no.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Does purchasing an E Plus seat give you PQD ? and does it post instantly or after you take the flight ?

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:47 pm

Nobody knows. Only way to find out after the fact, come back in Jan and let us know
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by solma
Does purchasing an E Plus seat give you PQD ?
Yes, but for it to work with Gold elites, you will have to purchase as a non-elite and than add your MP account.

Originally Posted by solma
and does it post instantly or after you take the flight ? ...
as single flight segment purchase which is refundable, beleive it does not post (in the year of the flight) until the flight has been taken
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:29 am

With my 2019 activity, I qualify for gold on 2019 chart but 1K on 2020 chart (high PQD, 'low' PQM/PQS). Any chance/reports of United proactively applying 2020 thresholds? Think they will help me out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.