Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fly the Friendly Galaxy - new safety video

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

On my flight back from LHR to SFO today, it was refreshing to watch the new safety video. I was just on a United flight the day before and the Spiderman video was still playing. It was a nice change. I thought Oscar's cameo was more relevant this time around. Hope others find it just as enjoyable.

Ops please merge my post if there is an existing thread.
jonisflying likes this.

Last edited by Kitto; Oct 29, 2019 at 7:04 am
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I’m just glad to say good-bye to Spider-man. The only good thing I learned from that video is that his name has a hyphen.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Here is the full video from United's YouTube account:

Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:26 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I'm looking forward to a Star Wars amenity kit!
wxguy, junglematt and chavala like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
“We’ll fly there soon”. Yeah but a RT still leaves you 52 segments away from 1K

And +1 for that amenity kit!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I hope that it's on board on Sat. I'm really tired of spider-man
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

True, but a United snack box is slightly better than the popcorn sold at that theater.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

Only if you're not spending enough
eric.chen3742 and Silver Fox like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Until United decides to take safety seriously, I won't watch their videos.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I just wish United would devote the resources to something other than new safety videos every 9 months.

Just make 1 video and make it brief. I would like to read my book/watch a video &etc without the prolonged interruption.

If United insists on making it long, maybe they can explain in forceful terms why you shouldn't grab your stuff when you're doing an emergency evacuation -- or why you don't inflate your safety vest before you've exited. In real life, a whole lot of people do these things and others die because of it.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I just wish United would devote the resources to something other than new safety videos every 9 months.

Just make 1 video and make it brief. I would like to read my book/watch a video &etc without the prolonged interruption.

If United insists on making it long, maybe they can explain in forceful terms why you shouldn't grab your stuff when you're doing an emergency evacuation -- or why you don't inflate your safety vest before you've exited. In real life, a whole lot of people do these things and others die because of it.
It's only 5 minutes. There'll be plenty of time during the flight to finish your book.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Better than the Spiderman one which was not very cohesive, but way too long at five minutes! Is United the PanAm of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner? And we all know what happened to PanAm. Wonder what the tie-in amenity kits will look like.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I’m just glad to say good-bye to Spider-man. The only good thing I learned from that video is that his name has a hyphen.
Where are all the complaints about it taking 5 minutes to go over 45 seconds of safety briefing or catering to kids?

I prefer Spider-Man over Jar Jar Abrams' latest destruction of a legacy franchise but it's doing what it should be as long as the viewers get the messages about safety equipment and procedures. At least they used John Williams' classic score in this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by PTahCha
It's only 5 minutes. There'll be plenty of time during the flight to finish your book.
Five minutes for the safety video; 3 minutes for the inflight entertainment plug. five minutes for the #!@$!! credit card advertisement. Oh, and then there's the numerous FA announcement telling people to do things that should be really obvious. It's a bit of time and it's usually so damn loud that I can't hold my book because I have to put both fingers in my ears.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by porciuscato

These aren't the droids you are looking for.

They've gotten longer because there is more stuff to talk about, such as Polaris shoulder straps and personal electronic devices, not because of movie promos.

Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
Where are all the complaints about it taking 5 minutes to go over 45 seconds of safety briefing or catering to kids?

I prefer Spider-Man over Jar Jar Abrams' latest destruction of a legacy franchise but it's doing what it should be as long as the viewers get the messages about safety equipment and procedures. At least they used John Williams' classic score in this.
Jar Jar was George Lucas' idea, not Abrams'.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 30, 2019 at 12:39 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.