Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA announces press conference / event in Chicago on Oct 25 , 2019

UA announces press conference / event in Chicago on Oct 25 , 2019

Old Oct 28, 19, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
EWR-DCA as a shuttle is a really good idea. There's a significant portion of Manhattan that is more conveniently served by Newark as opposed to LaGuardia.
And all of it better served by Amtrak. I'd say less than 5% of the people I know with regular business travel between DC and NY prefer to fly.
Old Oct 28, 19, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
I didn't ask about a printed list; sorry. My guess is that won't change, though. He did mention 3 red/3 white still wines plus sparkling and port that are expected to run on 3-month rotations (the 24 is still wines for the year) but that's where the conversation ended.
The Argyle Pinot is quite drinkable at ground level. Iíll be curious about it in the air.
Old Oct 29, 19, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
EWR-DCA as a shuttle is a really good idea. There's a significant portion of Manhattan that is more conveniently served by Newark as opposed to LaGuardia.
Any ideas when this is going to be loaded in the schedule? Points Guy said next spring, but as far as out as I can book I only see 8x mostly ERJ 145s.

Jon
Old Oct 31, 19, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay View Post
Any ideas when this is going to be loaded in the schedule? Points Guy said next spring, but as far as out as I can book I only see 8x mostly ERJ 145s.

Jon
No word on when the schedule will load into the systems for sale, and the company declined to detail where the additional slots are coming from when I asked. But UA did confirm to me that the new flight schedule will operate effective 29 March 2020.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, UA, AA, CX, SQ
well, we know how delta is welcoming UAís arrival into the shuttle market : 20% freq collapse YoY

So if this stays while UA actually keeps up with their 13x promise, then UA is +62.5% more frequent on their core shuttles (everyone has their weird LGA-IAD or JFK-BWI so letís just skip those)

(the way to read these A.net figures is prev sked > revised sked [sked of same month last year] )

Spoiler

Old Dec 29, 19, 8:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Still not loaded into schedule (DCA shuttle upgauge). I've been booking quite a few international connections via EWR (in paid J) over the last few weeks for travel next year. Can I safely assume that once the equipment swaps are loaded I can call and be placed in the forward cabin without a fee? I feel like I've had this happened a few times on trips I've booked in the same scenario, but can't remember.
Old Dec 29, 19, 3:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nevansm View Post
Still not loaded into schedule (DCA shuttle upgauge). I've been booking quite a few international connections via EWR (in paid J) over the last few weeks for travel next year. Can I safely assume that once the equipment swaps are loaded I can call and be placed in the forward cabin without a fee? ...
it sort of depends (on the fare construction and agent), see
Booked business fare, connection was 1-class Y, now 2-class, shouldn't I be put in F?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: