Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

booking PE via United on Brussels Air (SN)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM

Hi all,

I can see that Brussels Air BRU-ACC is in a bird that offers PE seating. SN's website is clear that as of August 2019, one can purchase PE tix outright without having to purchase them as an upgrade and I can see the PE seats on their site.

When trying to book XXX-BRU-ACC in PE on united.com, it is telling me mixed cabin, and isn't able to see the PE on SN.

Has anyone here successfully been able to book PE on SN through united.com?

I will eventually book this via corporate travel agent, but wanted to know what to prepare for, courtesy of the vast FT user experience.

Cheers and happy flying.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Where are you originating in U.S.? Depending on answer, might be beneficial (cost, PQPs in 2020 , connection convenience, etc.) just to book though SN.

IAD?

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 19, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

This is for 2019, and I will need both PQMs and PQDs so on 016 stock I will ticket.

Yes, I will be flying out of Dulles. Miss the GF lounge, look forward to the Polaris Lounge being ready for me!
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried to book BRU-ACC on SN's website and was only offered economy or business.

Edit:

Just saw this note on SN's site:

Since 1 May, you can book our brand new Premium Economy Class on flights between Europe and North America. As from 28 August, you can also book Premium Economy Class on flights between Europe and Africa for travelling as from October. Premium Economy Class will be gradually introduced on all African routes, beginning with Kinshasa and Luanda.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Kigali had it in August. FAs were offering buy-ups on board. For an 8 hour flight, I think it was something very low cost like 99 or 199 euro.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by big V
When trying to book XXX-BRU-ACC in PE on united.com, it is telling me mixed cabin, and isn't able to see the PE on SN.
Sample date? Is BRU-ACC a UA codeshare or do you see the SN code?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:33 pm

Why the "XXX" secrecy?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 20, 2019 at 1:56 am Reason: snark removed
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
I tried to book BRU-ACC on SN's website and was only offered economy or business.

Edit:

Just saw this note on SN's site:
Ah, missed this part! Though the SN seat map shows PE.

Even if I can't book, $100 or 100 Euro is a no-brainer for PE on that flight duration. This is for November, so I will report back before Thanksgiving.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:40 pm

Can anyone confirm that the fare classes for SN PE are G and E? I'm in a similar situation for the first week of December BRU-ABJ, but those fare classes don't show up when booking through UA.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skipmnyc
Can anyone confirm that the fare classes for SN PE are G and E? I'm in a similar situation for the first week of December BRU-ABJ, but those fare classes don't show up when booking through UA.
SN has G,E,N for premium economy. UA doesn't show you the native fare classes. However, you can book, check the SN record locator, verify what you got, and then cancel within 24h if not satisfactory.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:04 pm

RBDs are N/E/G when ticketed on 082 native. Revenue PE fares and N/E/G inventory on 082 BRUACC segments is only available from 15MAY20, however.

016 PE try to pull N/E/G from the SN buckets as well (depending on the restricted level of PE fare purchased), and fall back to equivalent classic economy RBD's when not available.

Per definition, the seat map gives no indication about actual availability. Lack of published inventory is why you can't buy PE for BRUACC on UA or SN through IATA channels. However, that doesn't rule out that SN's website and/or call center may have access to PE inventory.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
SN has G,E,N for premium economy. UA doesn't show you the native fare classes. However, you can book, check the SN record locator, verify what you got, and then cancel within 24h if not satisfactory.
It depends upon whether or not UA has a codeshare on that flight, and, if they do, if they have an agreement in place with SN to sell codeshared inventory in the PE buckets. If a codeshare exists, the buckets you'd need would be O, A, and R, which map to G, E, and N, respectively.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
If a codeshare exists, the buckets you'd need would be O, A, and R, which map to G, E, and N, respectively.
or economy class buckets B, M, Q when G, E, or N are not offered, respectively, which is the case until 15MAY20.

As long as all conditions are met, UA can sell their Premium Economy fares on WASACC, but RBD will map to Economy on SN until 15MAY20.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by mozilla
RBDs are N/E/G when ticketed on 082 native. Revenue PE fares and N/E/G inventory on 082 BRUACC segments is only available from 15MAY20, however.
Thanks, very helpful. What about BRU-ABJ availability? Would you happen to know (and where does one find this info?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.