Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 bookings are not showing actual mileage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP

I noticed that reservations for 2020 only show PQF and PQP. That's great for status qualification but I wonder if they will add actual mileage back in for those of use hunting down various levels of MM.
dogloverjb likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
United credit rarely deviates from standard mileage between airports on MileCalc :: The Ultimate Mileage Calculator for Frequent Flyers or http://www.gcmap.com
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by dkmatter
United credit rarely deviates from standard mileage between airports on MileCalc :: The Ultimate Mileage Calculator for Frequent Flyers or http://www.gcmap.com
Thanks, that certainly helps.

Sure would be useful to see in the booking tool when comparing flight options.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the move away from PQM is also going to make a lot harder to reconcile the lifetime mileage count, since there won't be any itemised list to check against.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
It's more than rarely that it differs.
But it differs only by a mile or so, having done the data analysis. Which nobody cares about unless they are trying to do something silly like hit 1,000,00 miles exactly where the distance to the mile matters..... I will not admit to having any proof of such shenanigans, but a DEN-BOI-LAX-SFO-PDX-SFO mileage run may or may not have happened recently....
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ryman554
But it differs only by a mile or so, having done the data analysis.
Some differ by 5+ mi due to UA use of prior airport locations.
onthesam likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
But it differs only by a mile or so, having done the data analysis. Which nobody cares about unless they are trying to do something silly like hit 1,000,00 miles exactly where the distance to the mile matters..... I will not admit to having any proof of such shenanigans, but a DEN-BOI-LAX-SFO-PDX-SFO mileage run may or may not have happened recently....
Is this the next frontier past "fewest PQM/PQD over to qualify for XX elite status"?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Well, being two years of average flying short of 2mm, Ill be watching.
AndyInSaigon likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:33 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

I just moved from UA to OZ after the recent changes. So, if I want to post my 2020 UA travel (already booked) to OZ, will it be safe to assume that the miles shown for the itinerary on MileCalc will be the number of miles credited to OZ?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:00 pm

If you're interested in finding out the BIS milage per UA, I put together a spreadsheet last year painstaking calculating it (by ticketing checking the UA booking site when it used to display BIS). You can find this spreadsheet under the tab called United PQM. Note: the list of routes is accurate as of July 2018.

Hope that helps.

Safe Travels,

James
daisyatl likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:19 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by j2simpso
If you're interested in finding out the BIS milage per UA, I put together a spreadsheet last year painstaking calculating it (by ticketing checking the UA booking site when it used to display BIS). You can find this spreadsheet under the tab called United PQM. Note: the list of routes is accurate as of July 2018.

Hope that helps.

Safe Travels,

James
Ah! Thank you. Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
The Star Alliance website has a section on its site for flight schedules (not prices) which gives the mileage for a flight when you expand the "flight details" link.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I'm not even seeing the pqd equivalents just segments.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Will 500 mile minimum persist in 2020?

As I understand matters, today for purposes of the lifetime miles count towards MM status, each segment’s “actual miles” is floored at 500. I’m curious whether that convention will continue in 2020 and beyond, with the program changes. Has United addressed that nuance yet?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Fanjet
The Star Alliance website has a section on its site for flight schedules (not prices) which gives the mileage for a flight when you expand the "flight details" link.
Those are not completely accurate to BIS UA miles, either.

You would think they would be, but they are not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.