Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What benefit would you like to see added to 1k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What benefit would you like to see added to 1k

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I'd take 1K classic, including 1k rooms at hubs, upgrades that cleared, dedicated 1k phone agents, FA who use your name....etc.

In my business, if we charged more and offered less we'd be out of business. Tired of hearing how airlines are cash strapped....just look in the pants pockets and desk drawers of the C suite.
What were "1k rooms"? Were they some separate lounges apart from UC?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Starting in 2021 what benefits would you like to see added with significantly harder qualification requirements
Voting rights without being shareholders.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
access to PN ...
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by seat38a
What were "1k rooms"? Were they some separate lounges apart from UC?
Nothing special, really!

Back in the PMUA days, there were 1K rooms at some of the hub airports. I have only been to three of them:

SFO located between gate 81 and 83, IIRC
IAD located across the UC at C17
LAX located near gage 74? It has been so long ago.

There were working stations, desks and simple furnitures in these small rooms. Noting fancy. IIRC, there were no food or drinks...may be water.
seat38a likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
This is an interesting topic. I agree with others that we can't expect any significant increases in benefits. Even so, with the new requirements on spend to achieve 1k pushing close to 50% of GS in some cases, it would be nice to get some limited benefit of GS - similar to plat now getting equiv of 1 GPU, maybe a one time GS companion space benefit, or a one time shifting of space from award, to upgrade. Something along those lines would be nice, but I certainly don't expect it. The only expectation on my part, is decreased benefits.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
I never thought of that I was thinking more of free United club membership
This will never happen and if it did we would all be miserable.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Nothing special, really!

Back in the PMUA days, there were 1K rooms at some of the hub airports. I have only been to three of them:

SFO located between gate 81 and 83, IIRC
IAD located across the UC at C17
LAX located near gage 74? It has been so long ago.

There were working stations, desks and simple furnitures in these small rooms. Noting fancy. IIRC, there were no food or drinks...may be water.
The current IAD UC (nearby the location of the future PL) is the closest I can think of. It has a workstation area; while the main lounge is located downstairs.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by limey1K
I'd like to see UA open up some inventory that allowed 1Ks to UG award tickets using instruments, separate from the GS bucket
Yes, this. It's frustrating to see the GS bucket be at 9 and everything else at 0
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Two rulebuster J upgrades a year. Any fare, any segment, provided the seat is for sale.
This. I would rather have less upgrade instruments that are more valuable. I would love this!
aCavalierInCoach likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:12 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
They'll probably add a PlusPoints never expire as long as you requalify to lessen the pain of the annual PQP increase.
username likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:22 pm

Reliable free WiFi... vs the current fee based "allegedly" WiFi. On more than one occasion, the flight crew has openly joked.. or shall I infer confessed... during the announcements that WiFi is allegedly available on this flight to XYZ.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AugustusM
GS don't even get that and they're crowded enough as it is.
With J moved out to the Polaris lounges, they could really densify the seating in the UCs to allow for this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spin88
United adding a benefit? Good to see some humor on this board.
Don't be cynical. UA will add benefits next fall, followed by making qualification even harder
seat38a likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Two rulebuster J upgrades a year. Any fare, any segment, provided the seat is for sale.
Isn't that what Skip Waitlist for PlusPoints is?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by username
Don't be cynical. UA will add benefits next fall, followed by making qualification even harder
Remember all of the current 1K's were so happy that they got to pre-board? looks like a BIG chunk of them, including some on here who swore they were more valuable to UA than anyone else, will have to go stand in Group 1 line again. That pre-boarding came at a hefty price increase. Whatever new stuff 1K's get might cost them another $3K - 9K increase in dollars per year. With the new changes and my employer being located out of state at a United Hub, I maybe the one pre-boarding. Nothing definite yet, but preliminary math looks good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.