Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
I just wanted to update on this issue now that I've completed the flight. My original ticket was an economy with a paid upgrade to E+ in one of the PP seats. When the changeover happened, I got the upgrade refunded. However, they offered a $350 upgrade to business, which I took. Something happened and I got bumped out of business and back into an E+ seat. Two weeks later, to my surprise, I got a call from UAL that they bumped me from PP back to Business. So I was able to enjoy a Polaris seat. Thanks United!
jsloan, JimInOhio and tstauck like this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkP24
They didn't offer a PDB? On my flight they offered PDB's to everyone in PP
Sorry for the delayed response. They did not offer a PDB. I've never been offered a PDB in PP on EWR-SFO/LAX. Would be a nice addition though.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Additionally, unclear if UA has a downgrade policy for PP.
Yesterday's UA 2418 LAX-EWR was swapped from the 787-10 to a 789, resulting in loss of PE seats.
Would be interesting to learn how downgrades were handled.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Yesterday's UA 2418 LAX-EWR was swapped from the 787-10 to a 789, resulting in loss of PE seats.
Would be interesting to learn how downgrades were handled.
Generally on "downgrade" due to plane swap, there is no GG OVS but there would be a partial fare refund due. There might be an customer inconvenience compensation provided.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:31 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Well, as of last night, the service level was exactly the same as E+ - same General Tso's chicken or pasta, and they ran out of wine in the entire economy class half way through the flight. No amenity kit, same coach blanket (not the Saks light blanket), no pre-departure beverage. So the fare difference only gets you a better seat, screen, and more discreet power sources. For folks without status, free checked bags and Premier Access.
cesco.g and wxguy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.