Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by fumje
What all adds up to 1200? You should at the least be getting a refund for the first $150 seat assignments. You'd need to submit for it if you haven't done so.

There hasn't been clear communication about whether or not they will include soft product for domestic flights. Initially it did appear that the intention was to have soft product, but so far I think no reports that they actually have some so.
My theory is they are waiting until all the grandfathered golds are gone and will introduce the soft product in November.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by lexi123
Not sure if my reply is too late to help you, but I just flew a RT in row 22 on the way out and row 20 on the way back. In row 20, the stowed TV screen does cut a little bit into your upper thigh room, but I was comfortable shifting a bit to the left (and TBH I like feeling swaddled on planes - weird). I preferred 20 over 22 for three main reasons: 1) Footrest actually made geometrical sense vs. the bike pedal ones in the other rows. 2) It was easier to hop out into the aisle at the bulkhead 3) When you stowed the TV, there was zero chance of you re-activating the screen when you wanted it off. On my redeye in row 22, I kept ending up with the screen coming back on at max brightness because I kept hitting the remote in the armrest as I fidgeted trying to get to sleep.
I agree with this assessment - I just had the same seat assignments - 20K on the way out, 22B on the way back. But as others mentioned, not sure I would take the middle seats in row 20 due to folks cutting through and because of the bulkhead wall being there. 20A/B and K/L seemed to have a bit more leg room.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by lexi123
Not sure if my reply is too late to help you, but I just flew a RT in row 22 on the way out and row 20 on the way back. In row 20, the stowed TV screen does cut a little bit into your upper thigh room, but I was comfortable shifting a bit to the left (and TBH I like feeling swaddled on planes - weird). I preferred 20 over 22 for three main reasons: 1) Footrest actually made geometrical sense vs. the bike pedal ones in the other rows.
How tall are you?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilanesp
My theory is they are waiting until all the grandfathered golds are gone and will introduce the soft product in November.
That should be coming any day now, then!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by expressboy
Since you were grandfathered into RN were you on the upgrade list for J? I had a seat assignment in P+ that I applied an RPU on and it is now showing it as RN with Upgrade requested. Don't want to blow an RPU for E+ to P+.
Just reporting back on this. I did end up on the waitlist for J but did not clear. The RPU got consumed. Called UA and they say I was upgraded to P+. Didn't worry very much because this RPU would probably expire anyway. If not I would have tried harder to get the RPU back.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, UA 1K, Alaska MVP, Caesars Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
How tall are you?
5'8"
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:24 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Our PP seat assignments held for our SFO<->IAD R.T. discussed below. Apparently no attempt yet to monetize PP on this IAD route. Soft product is exactly as rest of Economy cabin; small snacks normally offered in Y, and beverages only or buy-on-board.

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
This could be limited as of now to "p.s." routes and not to every domestic route having Prem. Plus seating.

For the past two months, we've been confirmed SFO<->IAD in XN on 291/340 starting 22 Oct, in aisle PP seats. We were able to grab those seats at booking. (The only 772 daily flight on the route.) Most of these 772s in past weeks have gone out on the un-Polarisized planes (28J (2-4-2), 0 PP, E+, E.) But starting mid-Oct., these ships are (still) showing the full Polaris J seats 1-2-1, with PP.

As of a few mins. ago, the seat map shows the few PP seats remaining in Blue. We're still in our row 22/21 aisle PP seats. Fingers firmly crossed for no downgrade frame subs or no ejection to 3-4-3 E+

In checking fares today on SFO->IAD, I did notice that a PP column has been added; but on our n/s 772s that column has been filled in "Not available". However, if you construct a connection to IAD via SFO->EWR (p.s, 781) ->IAD, you will be paying a "mixed cabin" of R class for PP on p.s. segment and S on the UX segment EWR to IAD. Total RT fare shown in these "mixed cabin" connections via p.s, is a bit under double the lowest available Econ. fare on the same connecting flights.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Nov 2, 2019 at 6:43 pm Reason: Correct typo.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Unfortunately the soft product to SFO last night was still the same as in E+. I’m hopeful that over time they will differentiate the service experience – or at least bring back the Indian chicken – but maybe that’s wishful thinking.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EWRSNA
Unfortunately the soft product to SFO last night was still the same as in E+. I’m hopeful that over time they will differentiate the service experience – or at least bring back the Indian chicken – but maybe that’s wishful thinking.
They didn't offer a PDB? On my flight they offered PDB's to everyone in PP
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, UA 1K, Alaska MVP, Caesars Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
They didn't offer a PDB? On my flight they offered PDB's to everyone in PP
I'm 0/3 on PDBs in PP so far.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:13 am

If I paid for Premium Plus and end up on an aircraft without PP (due to a later equipment swap), am I due for a refund of some sort?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by malgudi
If I paid for Premium Plus and end up on an aircraft without PP (due to a later equipment swap), am I due for a refund of some sort?
Would it be a refund of the upgrade/fare difference - or would it qualify for downgrade compensation?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Would it be a refund of the upgrade/fare difference - or would it qualify for downgrade compensation?
Aircraft swaps are not eligible for https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ation-etc.html
Additionally, unclear if UA has a downgrade policy for PP.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Aircraft swaps are not eligible for https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ation-etc.html
Additionally, unclear if UA has a downgrade policy for PP.
They need to. This is a different class of service. Also, they already refund paid Y+ if you don't receive the service. This should be no different.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:17 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
They need to. This is a different class of service. Also, they already refund paid Y+ if you don't receive the service. This should be no different.
Fare differential should, of course be, provided.
The downgrade compensation for oversales (and not applicable for aircraft swaps), which the OP queried about, is the presently unknown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.