Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Paid Premium+ fare showing up on 'Upgrade' cleared list

Old Sep 24, 19, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold

I bought a Premium+ fare (A) for my trip IAD-CDG for today and applied a GPU for an upgrade to C. My name and seat are showing up in 'Upgraded to Premium Plus' list as if I upgraded to P+ using a GPU. Is this normal? I am waitlisted in parallel on the C upgrade list. (#1 on the waitlist, so there is hope)
Old Sep 24, 19, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by sharmaintl View Post
I bought a Premium+ fare (A) for my trip IAD-CDG for today and applied a GPU for an upgrade to C. My name and seat are showing up in 'Upgraded to Premium Plus' list as if I upgraded to P+ using a GPU. Is this normal? I am waitlisted in parallel on the C upgrade list. (#1 on the waitlist, so there is hope)
That is how the system works with purchased PP awaiting upgrade to Polaris.
sharmaintl likes this.
Old Sep 24, 19, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks View Post
I don't think it's intentional, but, yes, there are quite a few reports of this.
Old Sep 24, 19, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
I don't think it's intentional
Yes, just a low priority fix I expect.
Old Sep 24, 19, 9:59 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
I don't think it's intentional, but, yes, there are quite a few reports of this.
This has always been my experience. I purchase PP and show as if I had been upgraded to PP. I was on the UG list for Polaris and die at #1 on the list.

I have a flight in November where i did use a GPU for PP so will be interested to see how my name appears (although hoping I make it to Polaris and then it will be a moot point).
Old Sep 24, 19, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by sharmaintl View Post
Not to burst your bubble but I always die at #1 on the upgrade list when I have purchased PP and used a GPU for an upgrade. Only time that did not happen was when I received the upgrade at booking the R fare. Else I am 0/3.
Old Sep 24, 19, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle View Post
Not to burst your bubble but I always die at #1 on the upgrade list when I have purchased PP and used a GPU for an upgrade. Only time that did not happen was when I received the upgrade at booking the R fare. Else I am 0/3.
That is some bad luck.

My two R purchases have cleared into PZ off the waitlist.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Sep 24, 19, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle View Post
Did your GPU's show as used or were they returned?
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by 1kBill View Post
Did your GPU's show as used or were they returned?
The GPUs were returned (after the flight landed).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: