LH*G on My Boarding Pass

Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

LH*G on My Boarding Pass

I'm flying out to FRA today on LH from PHL (connecting in from YYZ on AC). When I checked in with AC this morning at the kiosk I noticed the BP for the AC operated flight correctly said UA*G but the second BP for the LH operated flight said LH*G. When I landed in PHL and went to the UC and handed my boarding pass to the agent she asked to see my LH card (which obviously I don't have since I'm a UA Gold).

I asked her how to correct this and she said see the gate agent. Is this the best approach or is there some other (read better) way? I really need to ensure these miles post as they are crucial to me securing UA Gold for next year.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The UC agent gave you the answer.

You can also try LH OLCI.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Seems AC made a mistake on the LH BP -- You need to see the LH PNR or get LH to reprint the BP

I am missing the UA connection here? Is this 016 Ticket stock?

The UC folks can only go by the materials you present.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Correct!

I'll try the LH gate agents before they start boarding now and hopefully will get this sorted.

Thanks everyone for the assistance.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Correct!
Once you have started travel, generally the ticketing airline will not touch the ticket, just the operating airlines. So going to LH agents is the best solution
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you got into the lounge and have the right FF number showing on your boarding pass (for where you want the miles to credit), I don't see the problem.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you got into the lounge and have the right FF number showing on your boarding pass (for where you want the miles to credit), I don't see the problem.
UA dragon asked for LH FF card which I didn’t have. Ended up talking to gate agent prior to boarding to get it sorted and they reissued BP.

-James
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea why you were asked for your imaginary LH card? I.e. what prompted the agent to ask for it?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Any idea why you were asked for your imaginary LH card? I.e. what prompted the agent to ask for it?
Perhaps scanning the BP provided strange / invalid information??? the BP was showing bad info, so the coded info could have been also confused?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps scanning the BP provided strange / invalid information??? the BP was showing bad info, so the coded info could have been also confused?
I agree that seems like the most likely reason. Just wondering if anything was said that might give more insight into how it got interpreted as LH*G instead of UA*G.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
This was the case. Dragon scanned my boarding pass and reader gave a boop sound and the next thing I know she's asking to see my LH card. I told her I'm Premier Gold with UA and she asked for my United number. After giving it she recommended I see GA to correct it (which I did). I'm checking my UA account every couple hours to see if the flight posts.

It would've been nice if I could have checked in with UA directly (in spite of it being operated by * partners). I hear UA is in the process of making this happen. Any updates on the progress of this?

Safe Travels,

James

Just checked my UA account and see that the flight has been posted to my account. Looks like talking to the gate agent was time well spent!

-James

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 22, 2019 at 11:46 am Reason: merged update / consecutive posts by same member
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by j2simpso
It would've been nice if I could have checked in with UA directly (in spite of it being operated by * partners). I hear UA is in the process of making this happen. Any updates on the progress of this?
Not to crush hopes but...This makes little sense operationally without significant changes to infrastructure industry wide that assumes that the operating carrier has control of check in (I’m not even sure logistically how luggage check in and allocation of overhead costs would work in that case)

Practically, this seems like a nightmare by inserting a party that has nothing to do with the ticket/flights into the process... Among the easiest “what could go wrong” scenarios that I can think of is that UA thinks you’re checked in but the OAL operating the flight thinks you aren’t, missed the checkin cutoff, and cancelled the space. Codeshares can be bad enough in this regard

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.