Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Difference between Business Everyday vs Business Saver?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

I understand that both are capacity controlled, but with Business Everyday the chances of not getting a business class seat are much less.
A Business Saver is 80k miles and a Business Everyday is 175k! Almost double.
How can the same business class have such a huge variation?
Is there a high chance of having to sit in Economy if I opt for the Business Saver seat?
If you get bumped down a class, do they refund your mileage points?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre
The good news is that there is functionally no difference in the product you'll get if you book a Business Everyday award vs a Business Saver award. The only difference is in availability - there is less saver space available.

If you see a Business Saver award available on the route you want - book it!

A downgrade is very unlikely, and would be covered by downgrade compensation. Once you have a ticketed reservation, you're good to go.
superbobbay likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superbobbay
I understand that both are capacity controlled, but with Business Everyday the chances of not getting a business class seat are much less.
You'll get a business class seat in either case, barring extremely unusual circumstances.

A Business Saver is 80k miles and a Business Everyday is 175k! Almost double.
How can the same business class have such a huge variation?
Business Saver space is rarely available. Consider it a special discount that they offer on flights with a lot of open seats. If both are available for the same flight, there is no reason to select the Everyday award.

Is there a high chance of having to sit in Economy if I opt for the Business Saver seat?
No, it's minuscule. And, if it were to happen, you have the option to refuse and take the next flight with business class availability. But, again, it's extremely rare.

If you get bumped down a class, do they refund your mileage points?
Yes, along with a certificate toward future travel on United.
superbobbay likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Wow you answered every question! I like your style.
Thank you so much!
jsloan and ajGoes like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
A better spend of your points is Business Saver inventory on *A partner carriers. Better FA's, better food, nicer ride!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
A better spend of your points is Business Saver inventory on *A partner carriers. Better FA's, better food, nicer ride!
Do you do this through UA's website or can you move your points to another *A partner to buy there?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Sometimes. Sometimes not. Depends on partner, route, and aircraft..
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by SwaBiz
Do you do this through UA's website or can you move your points to another *A partner to buy there?
I am just familiar with UA’s website.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SwaBiz
You can't transfer points from United MileagePlus to another program. Some partner inventory may be available for purchase on United's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.