Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status benefits when redeeming United flight with Krisflyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Platinum

I have some Krisflyer miles expiring end of this year and would like to redeem a one-way United flight to Europe. I have 1K status. May I know whether I will still be able to choose Economy Plus seats? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by bacade
I have some Krisflyer miles expiring end of this year and would like to redeem a one-way United flight to Europe. I have 1K status. May I know whether I will still be able to choose Economy Plus seats? Thanks!
Absolutely! I'm in a similar boat as you - have Gold status with UA but have a heap of points with AC. What will happen is you'll book your UA flight through Krisflyer as normal and from there you should get a UA booking reference code. Login to your United Account, click my trips and punch in the confirmation number and your last name. It should then pull up the itinerary and you'll be given an option to add it to your United account (IIRC). Once that's done, bam you'll be able to select E+ seats as normal, you'll get all your UA*Gold benefits (i.e. lounge access, baggage, etc.). In addition, if there are any domestic segments that are CPU eligible you'll be placed on the upgrade list (this is an odd quirk of the UA system since had you booked the award flight with UA you would not be put on the CPU list).

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Platinum
Sounds awesome. Thank you so much!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Odds are you won't be able to change it online - or at least not on the United website. You used to be able to, but they removed the ability a year or two back.

You may be able to change your FF number to the United one on the Krisflyer website, or worst case United can do it over the phone as long as you make the change before check-in for the first flight.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Odds are you won't be able to change it online - or at least not on the United website. You used to be able to, but they removed the ability a year or two back.
This had not been my experience at all having done this back in March. The key is to add the flight to your United account (I.e. you're not changing FF numbers your simply importing it to your Milage plus account)

-James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.