Wiki Posts
Search

FRA staff/support thinning out

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FRA staff/support thinning out

Since spring I have not seen the UA-desk at the FRA LH business class lounge staffed. A recent inquiry with an UA agent at FRA confirmed that it is gone.
I always appreciated this as a place of great help, especially in case of IRROPS and just a place to find an UA person past-security/gate-side.

Additionally, the ticketing desk next to the check-in counter is eliminated as well. Meanwhile check-in staff is now United and no more contracted to LH.
However, these folks are mostly new and lack proper training, resulting in unusual long procedures outside of straight check-in.
Check-in lines for coach have been very long.

Given the large and ever-increasing operation UA is running at FRA these cuts IMHO are not customer-oriented and contra-productive.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Since spring I have not seen the UA-desk at the FRA LH business class lounge staffed. A recent inquiry with an UA agent at FRA confirmed that it is gone.
I always appreciated this as a place of great help, especially in case of IRROPS and just a place to find an UA person past-security/gate-side.

Additionally, the ticketing desk next to the check-in counter is eliminated as well. Meanwhile check-in staff is now United and no more contracted to LH.
However, these folks are mostly new and lack proper training, resulting in unusual long procedures outside of straight check-in.
Check-in lines for coach have been very long.

Given the large and ever-increasing operation UA is running at FRA these cuts IMHO are not customer-oriented and contra-productive.
------
Do they (check-in staff) even actually work for United or have they (United) dumbed it down yet again to some other vendor in Frankfurt ?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingNone
------
Do they (check-in staff) even actually work for United or have they (United) dumbed it down yet again to some other vendor in Frankfurt ?
I belief they are UA - I recognized one former ticket agent among them.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:03 am

Meanwhile check-in staff is now United and no more contracted to LH.
I, for one welcome this change. Having dealt with LH at FRA several times on flights to the US they frankly don't know how immigration works. Case in point, I try to check in for my flight to DTW at FRA and the kiosk wouldn't let me check in for some reason. I head to the check in desk and ask to be checked in providing them my Canadian passport and booking reference number. They look up the reservation and ask if I have an ESTA. I tell them, no I don't have ESTA since Canadians aren't part of the Visa Waiver Program with the US but instead they're part of the show your passport and get in program. They don't believe me and refuse to check me in. I ask to speak with their station manager who gently explains to them that yes I'm correct in what I'm saying.

I've had a similar issue flying J into Canada except this time with the landing card. Again, I explain to the purser I don't need to fill one in, I have Nexus. They insist everyone needs to fill one in. I confidently say, "No I don't need to". I'm then told fill in the card, I put it in the seat-back pocket and fall asleep. Arrive in YYZ and surprise surprise, there are 2 working NEXUS Kiosks I can use to enter Canada via retinal scan.

Safe Travels,

James
gokeeper likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
The elimination of FRA LH lounge UA rep is an unfortunate cut, but:

Meanwhile check-in staff is now United and no more contracted to LH.
However, these folks are mostly new and lack proper training, ...

<snip>

Having United instead of contracted LH seems like the opposite of a cut.
Maybe they just need a bit of time to get up to speed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.