UA Returning to DAB 5/16/2020?

Old Sep 8, 19, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage, US Airways Dividend Miles (Fmr), Northwest WorldPerks (Fmr)
UA Returning to DAB 5/16/2020?

There's a post on A.net indicating UA may be restarting IAD-DAB on May 16th based upon both airports' Wikipedia pages being updated to indicate the new service.

I fully get that Wikipedia can be taken with a grain of salt, but with the start date being a Saturday (Saturday-only?) and a history of service on the route (UA ran DAB-IAD daily and -ORD on weekends for a couple years in the 2000s; US rerouted me CMH-IAD-DAB once in 2006), could there be something to this? I'd love to have another option in addition to DL and AA.
Old Sep 9, 19, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
I wouldn't trust someone to announce a route first on Wikipedia posts. If there's another source, maybe.

Also, wouldn't May be an odd time to start service? Seems more like a winter route that would start around the holidays and end by May (assuming it's seasonal). If it's not seasonal, starting it when loads to Florida are lower still seems odd.
Old Sep 9, 19, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage, US Airways Dividend Miles (Fmr), Northwest WorldPerks (Fmr)
Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
I wouldn't trust someone to announce a route first on Wikipedia posts. If there's another source, maybe.

Also, wouldn't May be an odd time to start service? Seems more like a winter route that would start around the holidays and end by May (assuming it's seasonal). If it's not seasonal, starting it when loads to Florida are lower still seems odd.
I doubt that would be the official announcement, I just figured it possible someone wanted to break news first. As for the potential start date, AA started LGA-DAB last May.
Old Sep 9, 19, 10:09 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I personally would like it as then I could fly into an airport with its initials named after me
Old Sep 9, 19, 10:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Looking at the DAB wikipedia page edit history, the comment about AA LGA service was recently added.

The mention about UX from IAD was added 8 Sept and removed 9 Sept 2019 -- by separate anonymous users
Old Sep 9, 19, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
I personally would like it as then I could fly into an airport with its initials named after me
Don't forget to dab when you get off the plane at DAB, DAB.

UKOK likes this.

Search this Thread