Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Confused about UA2835 SFO to EWR 9/9/2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confused about UA2835 SFO to EWR 9/9/2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VWang1111
Pretty sweet flight to be on. Everyone got moved up front after boarding even if they only had an economy ticket. CPU was processed normally and GA asked me what seat up front I wanted before boarding. Flight departed on time with all crew and passengers. Boarding was serene and not the typical chaos for a plane this large.
I got one of these flights a couple years ago when they were first bringing the 773 online. I had a 6a flight and noticed it show up as a redeye the evening before. It opened for SDC, I grabbed it, and rushed to make the flight.

On board there were several pass riders who also caught it and who seemed genuinely delighted to try out the new product, and the attendants were cheerfully getting their bearings with the new configuration.

It was a lot of fun. Glad to know you had a great experience. ^

Originally Posted by findark
Was it catered?
For me it was catered normally. I saw it on the schedule for at least four hours, which seems like enough time.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Nice flight for the passengers, and it has to be the ultimate dream-come-true for the UA FAs!

Did they announce the reason for the flight?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by findark
Was it catered?
Didn’t get to find out but saw catering carts come on board. Slept the whole way since it was an overnight flight. They did at least cater the kind bars for the breakfast snack and amenity kits were on every seat/standard p.s. configuration.

Originally Posted by narvik
Nice flight for the passengers, and it has to be the ultimate dream-come-true for the UA FAs!

Did they announce the reason for the flight?
No message about the reason for the flight was made on board and FA/GA all treated rev passengers as if it was a standard flight but with a little bit of personal extra care. If I had to assume a reason, all the posters above almost certainly have it correct, it was a ferry flight where they needed the crew and plane back to Newark for flights the next day after the extra Las Vegas segment. Asked about my bags since the united app showed that the bags were misrouted before boarding and the GA personally came on board after the bag was loaded to inform me after I asked him before boarding. Felt more like a private jet than commercial air travel. Sadly, captain did not make Channel 9 available although I didn’t ask and went straight to sleep after take-off.
narvik likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 11, 2019 at 9:43 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.