Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United flt 42 or 43 economy recent info? IAD -FCO or vice versa

Old Sep 8, 19, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Hello, im flying to Rome on UAL42 a week from today on economy. Theres not much info on this flight. Does anyone have any info? The ti cket states its a 772, but there is no indication whether its the converted v5 seating with the narrower polaris economy but bigger screens. It has the generic 3-4-3 united 772 seatmap where one column of seats is blocked off.

Thanks for any info!
Old Sep 8, 19, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Tewkewl View Post
Hello, im flying to Rome on UAL42 a week from today on economy. Theres not much info on this flight. Does anyone have any info? The ti cket states its a 772, but there is no indication whether its the converted v5 seating with the narrower polaris economy but bigger screens. It has the generic 3-4-3 united 772 seatmap where one column of seats is blocked off.

Thanks for any info!
Welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the United threads!

Between 72 and 60 hours before your flight, the status page will show what configuration is planned for your flight as a specific plane number is assigned (that is the tail number of the plane). But that may still change up to the time of your flight. This year, I had a plane switch happening 5 hours before departure.....from a pmUA 772 to a pmCO 772. And 3 days before departure, I was supposed to get a Polarized version.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Sep 8, 19 at 7:14 am Reason: Just added comment
Old Sep 8, 19, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I flew this two weeks ago and it was the PMUA 777-200 with the comfortable 3-3-3 seating in economy.
Old Sep 8, 19, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by catocony View Post
I flew this two weeks ago and it was the PMUA 777-200 with the comfortable 3-3-3 seating in economy.
Yes, but today's flight 42 departing this afternoon is supposed to be the Polarized version. Today, flight 43 is the pmUA 772 with the 3-3-3 in economy.

Yesterday, flight 42 was also the Polarized version.

Information: the plane serving flight 43 today had arrived from EWR.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Sep 8, 19 at 9:47 am Reason: Add Information
Old Sep 8, 19, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input! Keep it coming! How are you guys finding the tail numbers!? Are the seats in the 333 772 firm? I have a back problem and require firm seats if the sort you see in Asian or European long hall carriers. I know the 3-4-3 has a new firm seat, but I don't know about the 3-3-3. I'd appreciate the extra width, but if the seats sag like a Southwest airlines seat, I'm doomed!
Old Sep 8, 19, 8:03 pm

Thanks for the input! Keep it coming! How are you guys finding the tail numbers!? Are the seats in the 333 772 firm? I have a back problem and require firm seats if the sort you see in Asian or European long hall carriers. I know the 3-4-3 has a new firm seat, but I don't know about the 3-3-3. I'd appreciate the extra width, but if the seats sag like a Southwest airlines seat, I'm doomed!
Two or three days before your flight, if you check the flight status page on the United website, you will see that a plane number has been assigned to your flight. For example, today's flight 42 is assigned plane #2798 . Seat map shows that it's Polarized.

Then, there's a website that you can google with the key words "united fleet site" that gives you the tail number and the configuration. Tail number of #2798 is N798UA and it shows that it's a Polarized plane. Direct way to find that site is: sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/mainline-fleet-tracking
Once you get inside that website to see the 772s you go to the page that shows 72.
Old Sep 8, 19, 8:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
... Are the seats in the 333 772 firm? I have a back problem and require firm seats if the sort you see in Asian or European long hall carriers. I know the 3-4-3 has a new firm seat, but I don't know about the 3-3-3. I'd appreciate the extra width, but if the seats sag like a Southwest airlines seat, I'm doomed!
For information or questions on the various 777s, see
Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 2
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-200 v5 / Polaris seats / 77J
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-300ER
Old Sep 9, 19, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. It looks like I'll most likely be in 343....

Search this Thread