Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-200 Polaris- Dedicated Markets?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:04 am
Original Poster

777-200 Polaris- Dedicated Markets?

Ok - I did a search and couldn't come up with an answer so appreciate any insights or direction to where the info is....

I am flying LHR to SFO in December. The seat map shows the Polaris layout for both flights (both 777-200's) ...

I know they will have 60% of the fleet in Polaris by then and I noticed that not all markets on the same date show the Polaris configuration.

Does that mean that they are trying to keep the Polaris seats on particular markets? I would hate to end up in the lousy dorm 8 across seat ...

I would think that since they are selling Premium Economy - it would be a big problem to not have an aircraft with Premium Economy on it if they did a tail swap.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: UA 1k
Markets with premium economy for sale will have Polaris except in extraordinary circumstances.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes it's clear from the schedule that UA is assigning Polarized 772s to specific PE routes, including SFO-HKG, SFO-LHR, and SFO-FRA. They have enough of them now that it's a fairly large subfleet. By concentrating these aircraft at specific hubs (particularly SFO and EWR) they minimize the risk of not having a properly configured aircraft. This is why you're seeing 787s finally being assigned to ORD . . . they've swapped them for the now Polarized 772s.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes it's clear from the schedule that UA is assigning Polarized 772s to specific PE routes, including SFO-HKG, SFO-LHR, and SFO-FRA. They have enough of them now that it's a fairly large subfleet. By concentrating these aircraft at specific hubs (particularly SFO and EWR) they minimize the risk of not having a properly configured aircraft. This is why you're seeing 787s finally being assigned to ORD . . . they've swapped them for the now Polarized 772s.

Fyi @Kacee, LOVE the term “Polarized”
tshirt, Kacee and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123

Fyi @Kacee, LOVE the term “Polarized”
they should put a polar bear on the web site
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tshirt
they should put a polar bear on the web site
And bring back the Polaris bears at every Polaris Business seat.
findark, EWR764, seanp7 and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I celebrated a non-Polarized 777-200 last week when I was able to snag an ex-GF seat at check-in (1K). 3 were open. Was such a comfortable ride - I will miss them
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by seanp7
I celebrated a non-Polarized 777-200 last week when I was able to snag an ex-GF seat at check-in (1K). 3 were open. Was such a comfortable ride - I will miss them
Yes, spreading your arms out, you can’t reach the person next to you. RIP UA GF!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ordflyboy
Does that mean that they are trying to keep the Polaris seats on particular markets?
Trying? Yes, to some degree.
Will swaps happen? Absolutely.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by seanp7
Me too, I was on FRA-ORD last week and was shocked to be able to get one. My first time in that seat. Reminded me of the days of 747 UD

As for this thread, isnt there a polaris routes thread?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Are the ex-GF seats reserved for 1Ks? I'm a gold trying to get one on a flight tomorrow and am being told it's "not available"
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Are the ex-GF seats reserved for 1Ks? I'm a gold trying to get one on a flight tomorrow and am being told it's "not available"
We wish. Reserved for GS. 1Ks can select at check-in.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by eng3
Me too, I was on FRA-ORD last week and was shocked to be able to get one. My first time in that seat. Reminded me of the days of 747 UD

As for this thread, isnt there a polaris routes thread?
77x routes: United 77x Future/Changed Routes w/ Polaris Seats
Some discussion about routes here: ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....

Originally Posted by njcommodore
There was a brief window when the seats were available to GS and 1K prior to check-in. Now only GS get them prior to check-in.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-pre-ocli.html
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
And bring back the Polaris bears at every Polaris Business seat.
Lets keep the group small. lets say for every ten flights get a tiny traveling companion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.