Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club Wifi changes - new portal, no sign-in

United Club Wifi changes - new portal, no sign-in

Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I did notice that the internet (in the polaris lounge) was really slow compared to my last visit. Maybe this is the reason.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
.. I guess everyone has a short memory and does not remember all the clamoring we had for password control to keep the riffraff off our wifi network, and away from the club entrance doors? ....
Given the number of users in the club, they would have to be stacked three deep on the outside walls of the club to make a difference. A handful of "outside" users are not going to make a difference.

Given the costs of maintaining the password system, putting out signs and answering questions, a "spreadsheet MBA" figured (most reasonable in this case) it was costing more than was being lost.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Could it be that your session logged into united.com is being used instead of password? This is something I've noticed at Marriott properties where the login screen recognizes me for being Titanium from having logged in to Bonvoy, and automatically gives me premium internet.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:11 pm

Aren't most airports free WiFi these days? Not sure an occasional user near the club door will make much difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.