FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA 6085 (IAD - YYZ) permanently downgraded to CR7? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1985649-ua-6085-iad-yyz-permanently-downgraded-cr7.html)

noname83 Sep 2, 2019 2:53 pm

UA 6085 (IAD - YYZ) permanently downgraded to CR7?

Does someone know why?
There is definitely demand for larger planes on this route.

That was my preferred flight as it was an E175 in the past; just don’t like the long walk from Z-Gates at YYZ and the tiny CRs.

Looks like air Canada from DCA or Porter is my only option going forward then.

WineCountryUA Sep 2, 2019 3:06 pm

potential explanations
-- seasonal changes, less demand in winter for northernly flights
-- full does not mean profitable or widely profitable, the price structure may not support the larger plane from UA's perspective
-- the larger aircraft may be of more profitable use on a different route
-- due to the MAX grounds, UA is short aircraft (not as much as AA or WN, but still short) and some routes frequencies are being changed and there is a domino effect of aircraft utilization.

TWA Guy Sep 2, 2019 3:20 pm

Looks like 1 daily frequency will be flown by E170/E175 from at least mid-October through early January, schedules aren't firm past early January yet. Shorter route like IAD-YYZ is better use of CR7 rather than E175.

emcampbe Sep 2, 2019 6:51 pm

While I’ve flown this late night IAD-YYZ a few times on both CR7 and E75 over the last few years, I’m pretty sure it’s mostly been a CR7. Could be a season thing, or sometimes these flights have different types on different days of the week.

I’ve given up trying to figure out any sort of pattern to figure out why one aircraft type is different today vs. tomorrow vs. the same day next week vs. the same day 3 weeks from now.

restlessinRNO Sep 2, 2019 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by noname83 (Post 31483429)
Does someone know why?
There is definitely demand for larger planes on this route.

That was my preferred flight as it was an E175 in the past; just don’t like the long walk from Z-Gates at YYZ and the tiny CRs.

Looks like air Canada from DCA or Porter is my only option going forward then.

I agree, it is a long, long walk to the RJ gates at YYZ. But it could be worse - it could be a CRJ-500. :)

noname83 Oct 15, 2019 10:48 pm

And now it seems to be cancelled. Can’t see it past Oct 26 :(

Anyone knows any other late departing flights from the dc area to Toronto?

IAH-OIL-TRASH Oct 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Trying to cut off PQP chasers from AC int’l flights?

expressboy Oct 16, 2019 5:05 am

Be thankful it is not a E145 like a lot of the IAD-YUL flights :)

dinoscool3 Oct 16, 2019 6:46 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO (Post 31483980)
I agree, it is a long, long walk to the RJ gates at YYZ. But it could be worse - it could be a CRJ-500. :)

CRJ 550s are going to be the best RJ in the sky! If you meant CRJ200s I agree though, hate the Devil’s Chariot.

Originally Posted by expressboy (Post 31633717)

The evening flight is a CR7, that’s big for me :) YUL has far too many E145s though, some days it is the only aircraft to ORD.

emcampbe Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by noname83 (Post 31633119)
And now it seems to be cancelled. Can’t see it past Oct 26 :(

Anyone knows any other late departing flights from the dc area to Toronto?

almost certainly a seasonal thing. There can’t be as much demand to YYZ in the winter.

looks like it returns in mid-March on a CR7.

Originally Posted by expressboy (Post 31633717)

looks like some of the YYZ flights get the E45 treatment in the winter as well - I don’t think I’ve seen that on IAD-YYZ before.

rankourabu Oct 16, 2019 9:33 am

In positive news, looks like the late EWR-YYZ has been upgraded from the dreadful E145 to an E170 :)

hokiebuy Nov 22, 2019 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 31633188)

No late flights from DC area to Toronto and nothing to Buffalo from IAD either. DCA-YYZ 10pm AA flight is cancelled as well. Porter 8:35pm is super expensive. IAD-BUF 10 pm is cancelled as well. Plenty of flights during the day but nothing at night.

hokiebuy Nov 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 31633188)

I can never seem to book flights with overnight layover in YYZ. Even though I can price it as multicity in Googe/flights, when I click on "book via air canada" link, it crashes.

entropy Nov 22, 2019 7:50 pm

Most of the EWR-YYZ schedule is 145's. yuck.

xliioper Nov 23, 2019 1:14 am

Originally Posted by hokiebuy (Post 31767526)
No late flights from DC area to Toronto and nothing to Buffalo from IAD either. DCA-YYZ 10pm AA flight is cancelled as well. Porter 8:35pm is super expensive. IAD-BUF 10 pm is cancelled as well. Plenty of flights during the day but nothing at night.

These are just normal seasonal reductions due to reduced demand. Late evening (10PM) IAD-YYZ and IAD-BUF flights return in late March (as do AA DCA-YYZ flights which return in early March). 10PM IAD-BUF flights also operate on a number of dates in Feb and early March (see below).

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d94626040c.png