Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why F seat map wide open but few F seats for sale

Why F seat map wide open but few F seats for sale

Old Sep 1, 19, 5:18 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
The flight I’m looking at is on a 737-900...holiday week...December...5:00am. The seat map looks wide open with 20 F seats. So why does the detailed view only show J6? Are there really only 6 first class seats left for sale? Seems unlikely.

I’m hoping to use an RPU and wondering how many F seats are actually left.

I think I figured it out. The flight is connecting to another flight. And the two flights are showing identical info in the detailed view. Hence...one of them is not accurate. I’ve seen this before. I guess I’ll just wing it.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 1, 19 at 5:59 pm Reason: merged update / consecutive posts by same member
Old Sep 1, 19, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott G, Hilton G, SPG G
You are correct you need to search that flight all by itself to see if there is PZ availability in which case your RPU will clears automatically at booking.

Its very unlikely that is the case, but a very early morning flight on an off holiday weekend you may get lucky and eventually clear that with the decrease in biz travel.
Old Sep 1, 19, 6:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
This is how fare inventory works for connecting flights -- in this case, you can only purchase 6 F seats for the two flights because one flight has limited inventory. Displayed inventory is not per flight but rather the least available for both flights. Standard inventory reporting

Related to R / PZ Avail changes depending on how you search flights -- where the wiki provides more detail
Old Sep 1, 19, 7:03 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
This is how fare inventory works for connecting flights -- in this case, you can only purchase 6 F seats for the two flights because one flight has limited inventory. Displayed inventory is not per flight but rather the least available for both flights. Standard inventory reporting

Related to R / PZ Avail changes depending on how you search flights -- where the wiki provides more detail
Got it. Thanks!

Search this Thread