Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Award - Do Golds have access to E+ seating?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Looking to book some labor day weekend flights (a week ahead) for 3 of us. Granted, 32.5K miles each way is super high but saves me the cash (195K miles). But no real plan to use until late 2020 and with mileage Nov 19 coming..who knows​​​. That being said when booking award tickets, can we get economy plus seats with our Gold tier? Or are we stick with true economy seats for what is left? Thank you!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Leemo
when booking award tickets, can we get economy plus seats with our Gold tier?
If there are E+ seats available, you can get them.
Leemo likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:34 pm
FTA

Gold gets free E+ at booking http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx
Leemo likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Leemo
... That being said when booking award tickets, can we get economy plus seats with our Gold tier? ...
A UA Gold premier can have free access to E+ seating for themselves and 1 companion at booking of both paid and award tickets.
Leemo likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Yes, you can get E+ for you and one companion but you can get "preferred seating for up to 8. I just booked some reward travel for July 2020 for 6 of us and that was the offer so from ANC to DEN to LAS all 6 of us are sitting in two rows of "preferred" seats....Grandma and I may suffer but the kids and grandkids don't know better, yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.