Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Received credit for flight not taken (or even scheduled on)

Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass

Flew UA 7 IAH-NRT departing Friday 8/16. As has been the recent trend, credit appeared on my account before we even landed. Checked my account today and noticed I have also received credit for UA 7 on 8/17. I assume that at some point United will realized there basically credited me twice and delete the incorrect one.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Flew UA 7 IAH-NRT departing Friday 8/16. As has been the recent trend, credit appeared on my account before we even landed. Checked my account today and noticed I have also received credit for UA 7 on 8/17. I assume that at some point United will realized there basically credited me twice and delete the incorrect one.
was there any sort of IRROPS on UA7 or any potential connecting flight into IAH you were on on 8/16? It’s possible you were at some point protected onto the 8/17 and yes it will probably drop off.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Nope, it was completely uneventful.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:08 am
Original Poster

So, just an update. Its been a few days and the credit is still on my account. It shows credit for UA 7 on 8/16 (which I did fly) and 8/17 (which I did not, I don't think it is even physically possible to be on UA 7 on consecutive days). Earnings for each one are identical.

To clarify, there were no schedule changes, IRROPS or anything else.

I have to assume they'll catch their error eventually and take the erroneous credit away.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by swiftaw
So, just an update. Its been a few days and the credit is still on my account. It shows credit for UA 7 on 8/16 (which I did fly) and 8/17 (which I did not, I don't think it is even physically possible to be on UA 7 on consecutive days). Earnings for each one are identical.

To clarify, there were no schedule changes, IRROPS or anything else.

I have to assume they'll catch their error eventually and take the erroneous credit away.
Spend it now, drain your account and change your name!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Ironically, the phantom flight put me over 75k PQM for the year and so I got the 2 RPUs
jsloan, coolbeans202 and ajGoes like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.