Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Defines Non-UA *G equivalent to Premier Silver [Web display error?]

Old Aug 17, 19, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy

Yesterday night, I have bought a ticket from United and realized that it wrote Premier Silver next to my TK*G number.
I still have the free one checked bag allowance, but I doubt that I wouldn't get my United Club access nor my boarding group as I would fly on an elite heavy route and I don't want to gate-check my hand baggage.

Did anyone had a similar experience with this issue?
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:17 am

I suspect this is some display coding error rather than a policy deviation. It shouldn't show Premier Silver at all.

I've seen UA's systems mess up in the other direction (UA Gold showing *S on the BP). So I would guess you'll be OK. But probably you want some form of your TK *G card as backup.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
The last time I used my TK Elite number on UA was about 2 months ago, but it correctly showed up as *G on the BP.

Equating it to 'Premium Silver' is clearly not correct, as the * Tiers on non-UA airlines don't directly equate to the United tiers. eg, Premier Silver gets E+ access, where *S/*G do not. No doubt in my mind it's just a display issue on the website.
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
I suspect this is some display coding error rather than a policy deviation. It shouldn't show Premier Silver at all.

I've seen UA's systems mess up in the other direction (UA Gold showing *S on the BP). So I would guess you'll be OK. But probably you want some form of your TK *G card as backup.
I also think that it's a glitch but I wanted to make sure. I would carry my physical TK*G card as a backup.

Originally Posted by docbert View Post
The last time I used my TK Elite number on UA was about 2 months ago, but it correctly showed up as *G on the BP.

Equating it to 'Premium Silver' is clearly not correct, as the * Tiers on non-UA airlines don't directly equate to the United tiers. eg, Premier Silver gets E+ access, where *S/*G do not. No doubt in my mind it's just a display issue on the website.
In June, I also didn't have issues on a UA flight when using the same TK*G card.

-------------------------------------------

I would report back after my flight which is within the next 2-3 weeks.
Old Aug 17, 19, 9:24 am

I can confirm that TK*G and A3*G shows up as *G on the united boarding pass correctly as of 48 hours ago for SFO to FRA flight.
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Enjoy free E+ seat selection at T-24?

Bring your TK Gold card for boarding group 1 and lounge access (digital version should be fine if you donít have a physical card)
Kannai likes this.
Old Aug 17, 19, 11:15 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Did your status change recently? That may explain things.
Old Aug 17, 19, 11:54 am

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Yeah, it's a display issue. I (*G) showed up as Silver, while my companion on a separate booking (*S) showed up as Gold on recent bookings.

Probably just some mapping table that's incorrect.
Old Aug 17, 19, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal View Post
Did your status change recently? That may explain things.
I was Elite (*G) until July 2019 and now I am Elite Plus (*G); I don't think that this is the issue for a ticket that I bought yesterday.

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post
Yeah, it's a display issue. I (*G) showed up as Silver, while my companion on a separate booking (*S) showed up as Gold on recent bookings.

Thanks for sharing your own experience. I hope mine gets fixed until the day of travel.
Old Aug 17, 19, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC, Marriott
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post

I also have a booking showing *S as Premier Gold.
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
UA's site is notorious for not mapping status correctly. Heck, today it was trying to sell me a bundle for checked bags; I had to double-check for a moment that I wasn't selecting a non-*A partner flight and that I was indeed signed in (and that's with UA status, not partner status).
Old Aug 18, 19, 5:11 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Accor Gold
I had this same issue for a recently ticketed flight. I called in, and the agent assured me that on their end, it showed as *G. They then offered to assign seats, which turned out to be E+ seats.
Old Aug 18, 19, 1:23 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda View Post
UA's site is notorious for not mapping status correctly. Heck, today it was trying to sell me a bundle for checked bags; I had to double-check for a moment that I wasn't selecting a non-*A partner flight and that I was indeed signed in (and that's with UA status, not partner status).
I get that and UC one time pass offer as well. Being a 1K with a club membership, neither of those would apply!
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 19, 5:49 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Giants Ballpark Pass. Lifetime Ambassador Club. WN A+/CP, AS MVP, UA Gold, Marriott Platinum.
Originally Posted by mike2003242 View Post
I get that and UC one time pass offer as well. Being a 1K with a club membership, neither of those would apply!
I actually think that this is a revenue leakage problem: as a customer with lifetime United Club holding one of their premium credit cards why not try to upsell something I might reasonably buy?
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:37 am
Original Poster

I could confirm that this was a web display error and my boarding pass is showing *G.

Search this Thread