Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Shortcut to UA Gold, Plat, 1K (Targeted?) by flying EWR-LHR Polaris segments

Shortcut to UA Gold, Plat, 1K (Targeted?) by flying EWR-LHR Polaris segments

Old Aug 19, 19, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Until BA really ramps up their new J product the AA product is significantly superior on the NYC-LHR routes (and to the rest of Europe).

In terms of this promo overall, this is obviously a pretty nice short cut from the PQM standpoint, but if you are flying 4 paid r/ts in J and not spending 15k, kudos to your corporate travel negotiator and ability to schedule so far in advance.
Old Aug 19, 19, 9:28 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Originally Posted by adambadam View Post
Until BA really ramps up their new J product the AA product is significantly superior on the NYC-LHR routes (and to the rest of Europe).

In terms of this promo overall, this is obviously a pretty nice short cut from the PQM standpoint, but if you are flying 4 paid r/ts in J and not spending 15k, kudos to your corporate travel negotiator and ability to schedule so far in advance.
Hard product, I'll agree. But I'll pass on the lackluster Flagship Lounge and the surliest FAs I've ever encountered (not one time, on nearly EVERY AA flight).
Old Aug 19, 19, 10:36 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Not targeted, tried the link but not eligible:

https://promotions.united.com/offers/nyclongold

Probably an offer I would have looked at. Been 1K for 4 years through 3-4 paid longhaul J flights but PQM/PQD flights so far this year so likely to drop to Gold next year.
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:12 am

Didnít receive the email but tried the link and it registered me.
Old Aug 21, 19, 6:00 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2.2 MM,UA-GS,DL-PL,HH-DM,MR-PL,*Wood-PL
Originally Posted by ani90 View Post
I think more likely they are struggling to fill those high J 763s on the ewr-lhr route. They probably targeting people who have been known to fly similar route.
I believe you are correct Mrs lakid got this offer she flew (revenue)2 years ago this route in Polaris and last year she booked but had to cancel last minute ,she has 38K to go for gold
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:19 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
let's face it. 4 r/ts to LHR to get 1K ... that's $10k if you buy it very cheaply and >40k PQMs. UA isn't really letting you have it easily here either assuming those targeted already spend a good amount this year.
Originally Posted by Meola10 View Post
I received this offer and would really like to take the trip since Iíve been meaning to get to London this year or next. But im not sure Iím willing to spend $6K-$7K that tickets would clat for the variety of dates i have selected.
I'm not seeing prices anywhere near what you guys are posting. It seems that UA is sensative to saturday stays for TATLS. but with Sat-fri/sat flights in late Oct and Early Nov, from Denver to LHR I'm seeing $6k. Even if I put it EWR-LHR only I'm getting about the same. Wed-Wed for a week gets me still over $3k.
Old Sep 27, 19, 8:10 am

I'm targeted for this promo and plan to do LHR-EWR and then DCA-EWR-LHR. Given the chance of delays on DCA-EWR - if I have to reroute (e.g., directly out of IAD) due to IRROPS, what are the chances UA will still grant the status?
Old Sep 27, 19, 11:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PGFlyer85 View Post
I'm targeted for this promo and plan to do LHR-EWR and then DCA-EWR-LHR. Given the chance of delays on DCA-EWR - if I have to reroute (e.g., directly out of IAD) due to IRROPS, what are the chances UA will still grant the status?
Generally in these circumstances, you request Original Routing Credit due to Involuntary Change.

The process is explained in the wiki of
Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Merged)

Search this Thread