Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MAX fleet plans update [New type; IFE screens!]

MAX fleet plans update [New type; IFE screens!]

Old Aug 14, 19, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Any time a carrier brings back IFE I'm happy, my neck gets stiff trying to watch on my personal device, and on longer flights with meals I don't want to share my tiny tray table.

I don't know what routes UA used the MAX on before the grounding but would this new IFE-equipped variant have the range for transatlantics where some carriers use 757s? It's still pretty common to have IFE when going TATL. It wouldn't be bad to have IFE on Hawaii routes either!
Old Aug 14, 19, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis View Post
Looks like, among other things, embedded In Flight Entertainment screens will be coming back to some narrowbody aircraft, including the B737 MAX!

https://paxex.aero/2019/08/united-ai..._campaign=3199

This would be a really nice development all around....
In seat screens will distract passengers from the terror of flying these birds.

I will continue to book away...
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:58 pm
hch

I'm probably not a "normal" customer, but I really like the removal of the screens. I never used them (and neither do I use the streaming option), but the forced display of ads on United always seemed incredibly annoying. Now they just need to get rid of the screens in Polaris a well..
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
....the 4 777-222ERs rumored to be converted to 77G.
What a depressing thought!
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hch View Post
I'm probably not a "normal" customer, but I really like the removal of the screens. I never used them (and neither do I use the streaming option), but the forced display of ads on United always seemed incredibly annoying. Now they just need to get rid of the screens in Polaris a well..
turn it off. Problem solved.
Halo117 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
turn it off. Problem solved.
If you've ever experienced the dreadful ex-CO live TV equipment, they'll just turn it back on periodically to put more ads in your face.
truncated likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
If you've ever experienced the dreadful ex-CO live TV equipment, they'll just turn it back on periodically to put more ads in your face.
Anyway, the problem isn't so much my screen; it's everybody else's, because the "off" is so unintuitive on the DirecTV, controls-in-armrests design. It's gotten much more tolerable now that it's free, because people actually use it and therefore the entire cabin isn't blinking a commercial in unison.
coolbeans202, EWR764 and mikeyf like this.
Old Feb 13, 21, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Silver
One interior thing I noticed on a recent pic of one of UA’s Max9, they have installed a divider between the F cabin. Apparently some birds have the little partial plastic divider, and the newer ones have a full divider. Anyone have info on the switch?
Micp3208 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 21, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I noticed that in a Twitter photo! What an improvement that is. I think I remember reading American Airlines made some adjustments to their divider’s too, by changing the padding on the last row of seats for privacy and having a large leather panel hanging down from the overhead bins.

I understand the weight savings idea, but without a “divider” it always seemed weird, as the people in the row behind could probably read your iPad or laptop, whereas in regular economy the gaps between seats is so much smaller due to configuration that you had at least an idea of a more private seat space, albeit, cramped.
asphaltman likes this.
Old Feb 13, 21, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Can a 788 make EWR-HNL and IAD-HNL?

I assume it can easily - with no restrictions on weight or cargo - but just making sure.
Old Feb 13, 21, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post
Can a 788 make EWR-HNL and IAD-HNL?

I assume it can easily - with no restrictions on weight or cargo - but just making sure.
Do you really want to ask a question about B788 on B737 MAX thread?

The answer is yes. B788 was used for IAD-PEK before the pandemic. That route is about 2000 miles longer than either IAD-HNL or EWR-HNL.

IAD HNL 282 (W) 292 (W) 4,817 mi
EWR HNL 283 (W) 295 (NW) 4,962 mi
IAD PEK 349 (N) 360 (N) 6,921 mi
Old Feb 14, 21, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
Do you really want to ask a question about B788 on B737 MAX thread?

The answer is yes. B788 was used for IAD-PEK before the pandemic. That route is about 2000 miles longer than either IAD-HNL or EWR-HNL.

IAD HNL 282 (W) 292 (W) 4,817 mi
EWR HNL 283 (W) 295 (NW) 4,962 mi
IAD PEK 349 (N) 360 (N) 6,921 mi

Yeah, I think I got a thread mixed up or replied to the wrong something.......I don't drink, so I can't blame that....not blonde - I dunno - maybe I am too cold from this artic blast
Kmxu likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: