Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Benefits / Upgrades UA operated flight booked as partner codeshare / award [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If your MP account is in the PNR, you will get all standard elite benefits and upgrade options for a partner codeshare UA operated flight as you would if this was booked via United / UA flight number. Same for partner awards although getting you UA MP account on the ticket may be an issue for some partners.

You will be able to access E+ seats, guest companions, Preimier Access boarding groups, eligible for CPU, apply RPUs/GPUs, get 1K/GS food/drink benefit, ....
Print Wikipost

Benefits / Upgrades UA operated flight booked as partner codeshare / award [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tylerc
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but similar question for UA gold - if I book Y through Aeroplan, gold is supposed to be able to book Y+ at time of booking. Would I then be able to go to UA using the PNR and select Y+ for free (if available of course)?
If crediting to UA MP and UA operated flight, Yes.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 18, 2019 at 12:30 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Here's a benefit you won't get with a *A codeshare (at least on NH). We take for granted the usually generous same-day change and stand-by options UA gives us.

Today flying US-NRT-BKK, the NRT-BKK leg on UA codeshare operated by ANA (NH). I arrived at NRT in plenty of time to get an earlier flight on NH to BKK (two hour layover vs four). But since I had a Z fare on the later flight, and only J was available on the earlier flight, NH would not let me change, or even stand-by. I even called UA GS and they confirmed they could not change the ticket on their end unless I re-ticketed the entire journey to get the one leg from Z to J.

Moral of the story: Be thankful for UA's flexibility!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.