Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

FLL service change from IAD ... temporary ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLL service change from IAD ... temporary ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
Question FLL service change from IAD ... temporary ?

I just noticed that from 8/20/2019 the non-stop service IAD-FLL at 5:50pm has diseappeared .. thats a bummer as the alternative to FLL in the evening is now a connection through EWR that gets you to FLL after 11pm ...

Anyone know if this has been announced somewhere ? is this a temporary thing ?

Thanks !
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pbr6891
I just noticed that from 8/20/2019 the non-stop service IAD-FLL at 5:50pm has diseappeared .. thats a bummer as the alternative to FLL in the evening is now a connection through EWR that gets you to FLL after 11pm ...

Thanks !
Sorry for this, but EWR is a bummer!

On a serious note - It might have something to do with the 737MAX (grounding) being removed from the schedule. I probed around a couple of dates the next couple of months and it looks like the 5:50 flight comes back towards the end of October / beginning of November.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbr6891
As a rule, airlines do not announce minor reductions of service, especially on domestic routes. The only time you will see them announce domestic route reductions is if they are completely canceling a year-round route / destination, or maybe if they're making something seasonal.

What you're seeing is an effect of the end of the summer schedule. UA runs a late bank of flights during the summer due to systemwide peak demand. Airline summer generally ends two Mondays prior to Labor Day (8//19, this year).

So, basically, it's removed for shoulder season; it comes back for peak south Florida demand once winter starts.
artvandalay likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
yep EWR ... oh EWR ... risk of delays flying there, risks of delays flying from there , overall going in the wrong direction (given IAD->FLL) ... so many things that can go wrong ...

thanks for the hint about the 737MAX situation ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.