Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Chicago Thunderstorms (August 12, 2019)

Old Aug 11, 19, 5:46 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
  • Chicago-O'Hare, IL (ORD)​
Rebook by August 15, 2019. Original ticket must have been purchased by: August 10, 2019

Waiver (normal folks): https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...eptionPolicies

Waiver Parameter Code (now posted): 1+

David

Last edited by DELee; Aug 11, 19 at 11:08 pm Reason: add clip of waiver; update jetstream waiver posting status
Old Aug 11, 19, 8:10 pm

Programs: 1K, *G, 1MM
So unfortunately I am on a flight tomorrow afternoon. However, when I look to change to an earlier flight there are only middle seats which I have no desire to sit in for a four hour flight.

I realize it is a weather issue if the flight gets delayed but am more concerned about the flight getting cancelled . So I head out to the airport earlier to see if I can get on an earlier flight but if nothing is available AND my flight gets cancelled would United pay for a hotel room for the night. ORD is not my home and the trip is the return half of a reservation.

I am a 1K member if it makes any difference and I seem to remember there may be an (unpublished) benefit. My preference is to fly home tomorrow afternoon.
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.4MM, MR/SPG LT Plat
Ugh I donít think so for weather even as 1K. But some have - depends on a sympathetic phone/UC/GA.. Good luck!
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle View Post
I realize it is a weather issue if the flight gets delayed but am more concerned about the flight getting cancelled . So I head out to the airport earlier to see if I can get on an earlier flight but if nothing is available AND my flight gets cancelled would United pay for a hotel room for the night. ORD is not my home and the trip is the return half of a reservation. ...
if ORD is the start of travel that day, then you may have a challenge gettting UA to provide a room -- this is usually limited to a connection city.

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle View Post
.... I am a 1K member if it makes any difference and I seem to remember there may be an (unpublished) benefit. ,,,.
The thread for this is Hotels? for 1K irrops (WX, MX, ...)? [Consolidated Q&A 2015-forward]
Old Aug 12, 19, 2:14 pm

Programs: 1K, *G, 1MM
Non event
StuckinITH likes this.

Search this Thread