Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Express (Air Wisconsin) Flight Attendant Arrested for Being Drunk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Express (Air Wisconsin) Flight Attendant Arrested for Being Drunk

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am definitely not understanding something. If passengers had to buckle her into her seat it seems someone should have called the cockpit, or maybe it was only in the air it was really apparent something was wrong.

It really seems odd that no one noticed not the pilot, not a gate agent, no passengers until the plane was in the air?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by zgscl
I am definitely not understanding something. If passengers had to buckle her into her seat it seems someone should have called the cockpit, or maybe it was only in the air it was really apparent something was wrong.

It really seems odd that no one noticed not the pilot, not a gate agent, no passengers until the plane was in the air?

It is possible she downed the drinks pretty close before boarding time, so the full effects might have kicked in a bit later.

I do wonder how the convo with the cockpit transpired though:
"Errr....hello?...hello? This is....I am a passenger....we just strapped your flight attendant in the jump seat...she is drunk....and fell asleep. Okay? Over."
dinoscool3, canadiancow and mdbe like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by kale73

And have the flight indefinitely delayed or perhaps cancelled? No way! If push comes to shove, let them push. I can hand out the Stroopwafels if need be. ^

It was reported that police met the aircraft on arrival, so either the flight crew radioed it in or a passenger made a cell phone call in flight, which we all know is a big no-no.
I believe this tweet led to the aircraft being met on arrival.

"Hey
@united, our flight attendant appears to be quite drunk on this from from ORD to SBN. She is slurring her speech (she couldn’t make it through the security announcement), couldn’t walk straight/was bumping into everyone in the aisle, and kept dropping things."

ETA: I guess my link didn't work. The twitter user is @aaronscherb.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm just wondering how the pilots took off without hearing her answer their calls to the cabin/her. I would think that would be some safety issue? I guess Air Wisconsin protocol in that scenario is just that the FA forgot and move on?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:35 am
Suspended

How did she make it past the gate agent?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by GFrye
How did she make it past the gate agent?
The same way my friends and I made it past the bouncer when we were wasted:

Eyes down, mouth shut and ID ready in hand.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:21 am

This one sounds pretty hard to blame on the passengers, but I'm sure someone will figure out a way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.