Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Express (Air Wisconsin) Flight Attendant Arrested for Being Drunk

United Express (Air Wisconsin) Flight Attendant Arrested for Being Drunk

Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by artvandalay
According to local media: "While on the way to jail, the flight attendant told an officer that she drank two vodka “shooters” before work that morning, according to the affidavit. A breath test later showed her blood-alcohol content level was .204, prosecutors said."
Must have been pretty large "shooters"...
narvik and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I've always wondered this...Can the pilots actually hear the in-cabin announcements? Maybe they were oblivious?
They can if they want to, but usually don't. Push back and taxi are one of busiest parts of the flight so they are communicating with ramp and ground as well as running start checklists. If they were already flying with the same FA previously, it'd be pretty easy to miss if they didn't interact much during said flight. Morning van rides from the hotel can be pretty silent as its the last little bit of quiet time they get before work.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:42 am
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Many of these announcements on RJs are prerecorded.

I've seen (heard) it on the E135/145, but never on a CRJ-200 that I recall, at least on SkyWest--my 'primary' carrier--unless Air Whiskey is different?!?!?!? I
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
You almost think UA is going to have to require GAs to use a breathalyzer on all the crew before they're allowed down the jetway.
That's what happens in Russia, Ukraine, Latvia and all other places where you would expect it to. This is alongside them getting their blood pressure and basic vitals checked to make sure they're fit for duty. In Japan, you have the same thing happening on railways.
mdbe likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
True. But surely some news report will associate this with the UA scene in Glasgow earlier this week.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
unless Air Whiskey is different
Never before has there been such an apropos nickname.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:57 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Never before has there been such an apropos nickname.
Mods, as the OP...May I suggest you change the thread title to:

“Air Whiskey? More Like Air Vodka!”
higher_flyer and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
For $65.00 an hour what do you expect. seen one in the bar bragging the other day, but the clock does not start till the door is closed..

For the most part, it helps to have a attitude adjustment., most of them does an excellent job..
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Sad story. I hope this is rock bottom for this woman and seeks the help she needs. You must really have a problem if you drink before your job that is based solely on safety.

Wow.
princeville, nancypants and mdbe like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Sad story. I hope this is rock bottom for this woman and seeks the help she needs. You must really have a problem if you drink before your job that is based solely on safety.

Wow.
Yes, took a while for anyone to show some sympathy. People are drunk on the job in droves every day and people get fired for being drunk on the job every day. People are performing jobs under the influence where other's lives depend on it every day. But yesterday, this person's personal and professional failure was publicized on the internet with her picture to millions of people for doing this. I am sad for her and hope she can get past not only the problem but the social ridicule and make a new life for herself.
Lurch and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I am surprised passengers didn't knock on the flight deck door prior to departure-especially since they had to strap her in and got no briefing.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I'd drink a fair amount if I was flying on the Devil's Chariot too. I did ORD-MKE earlier this year, and I was done hugging the tube in the window seat even before we took off for 15 minutes in the air. Then we missed the runway to boot and had to fly around / double the torture time.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I am surprised passengers didn't knock on the flight deck door prior to departure-especially since they had to strap her in and got no briefing.
And have the flight indefinitely delayed or perhaps cancelled? No way! If push comes to shove, let them push. I can hand out the Stroopwafels if need be. ^

It was reported that police met the aircraft on arrival, so either the flight crew radioed it in or a passenger made a cell phone call in flight, which we all know is a big no-no.
mdbe likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kale73
And have the flight indefinitely delayed or perhaps cancelled? No way!
Perhaps the passengers could have asked the pilots to taxi all the way to SBN?
It would have eliminated the need for a flight attendant, and probably wouldn’t have taken that long.

strickerj likes this.

Last edited by GFrye; Aug 11, 2019 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: united
United fires apparently drunk FA

It's easy to mock this, but it sounds like United's regional carrier took decisive action.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/united-airlines-drunk-flight-attendant-fired-criminal-charges-225435919.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.