Unexpected Change Fee Waiver

Old Aug 8, 19, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Unexpected Change Fee Waiver

While looking for change options for a booking for next week Friday travel, I expected to see a $300 change fee as listed in fare rules. Surprisingly, the change fee displayed at the last step was $0 with a message saying 'change fee waived for refundable fare.
This is a T/Q class fare with a clear NONREF/0VALUAFTDPT/CHGFEE endorsement on the ticket receipt.

Has anyone experienced this before? A little reluctant to make any changes to avoid any last minute issues.
Old Aug 8, 19, 5:20 pm

Did you book ticket w/i Iast 24 hours? If not, you might be benefitting from glitch. If you try to change and the payment page doesn't show charge, you might be in clear. Possibility you might get error notice at some point.
Old Aug 8, 19, 5:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by pradhantushar View Post
While looking for change options for a booking for next week Friday travel, I expected to see a $300 change fee as listed in fare rules. Surprisingly, the change fee displayed at the last step was $0 with a message saying 'change fee waived for refundable fare.
This is a T/Q class fare with a clear NONREF/0VALUAFTDPT/CHGFEE endorsement on the ticket receipt.....
During the flight change process I have seen this, be assured the change fee will be applied. The message is wrong, unless you present reservation is covered by a posted waiver.
Old Aug 8, 19, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
Did you book ticket w/i Iast 24 hours? If not, you might be benefitting from glitch. If you try to change and the payment page doesn't show charge, you might be in clear. Possibility you might get error notice at some point.
Nope - it was booked months ago.
I guess there's only one way to find out if there's an error later :-)

Search this Thread